Thread: New to this....

Default New to this....

OK I was talking to a friend and she suggested I start charting now.

I have signed up with a trial for FF but Im at a loss to what I really should be doing.

I have a digital thermomitor in the cupboard at home so I will just use that for now.

Im guess its just put my temp in the chart everyday?

Im on the pill still atm, wont be coming off that until October/Early November. But I guess if I workout how to use this in the next 30days Ill buy a membership.

Have I got the idea right? Anything else i should be doing?

Thanks

WBAM

Hi Wannabeamumma!

I'm new to this site also, but have been ttc since May 06.

I use an opk and also maybe baby (which is a saliva test) and find these to be really good! We got the on friday for the big O so waiting out the next 2 weeks to see if successful this month!

Hi there

Yep, sounds like you've got the right idea, not quite sure whether the pill will affect anything while temping, maybe the other ladies in here can help with that one!

Hi, Im new also! I dont think you will get proper temp changes as these are supposed to occur with the hormone change at ovulation which you wont be doing while still on the pill.

Oh poo so it wont work I might give it a go, it should still tell me when Im O'ing right?

But you wont be oing cos your still on the pill.. When you come off you can get into the temping then it really doesnt take long to understand it all.. I only temped for one month and fell with my angel baby.... Maybe you could come off the pill now to get your body into gear for ttc as it can take time for everything to settle or you could fall pg straight away everyone is different.. But could you protection until your wedding???? I hope this helps..

No, it won't work if you are on the pill. Basically, the pill simulates pregnancy so you DON'T ovulate. The whole idea of charting is to detect ovulation through hormonal changes which cause temperature rises. If you're not going to ovulate, you won't be able to see the changes.

Lisa

Oh yea. Once I read it ofcourse it makes sense lol.

I still have 8mths until my wedding so I would rather come off the pill just after and give my body 2mths to settle then.

Thanks all.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it might take you considerably longer than 2 months for your body to settle. Some women are lucky enough to resume cycles quickly, others find it can take a LOT longer!!

Lisa

Yeah sorry i agree with Lisa sorry... There are a few girls in here that have taken 4-6 just to get a period after stopping... I was off the pill for 14mths b4 we started ttc and it still took us 7 mths and my periods were still all over the place... We used condoms and that worked for us but doesnt for others.. Good luck with the tricky decision...

The thing we have to go through to concieve a beautiful bundle....

Good Point Mum In Taz and Jane. Some girls can quickly have a cycle which is the same length as those when they are on the pill, other may have a really long cycle or even a AF arrive, then go months without another period. Each person is very different. It depends on your body, what your taking and how long you have been taking it.
    Unfortunately sometimes we cant just plan when we want our bodies to do things
    Last edited by Violet Star; January 15th, 2007 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Jane posted at the same time as me =)

Ok thanks for the tips.

I might stop taking in October and see where it takes me, if my body isnt ready by December then I will have to wait for when it is. I would rather my wedding then TTC. If it means waiting then so be it. Ill just have to drive myself mad until then lol.

Hey WBAM,
    I temp'd too when I was on BCP and it actually said I "O'd" on day 21! News to me...
    It just goes to show that even accurate temping can make FF see the wrong thing. My advice? Temp anyway, it allows you to learn the normal temp ranges of your body, the differences of waking up at different times, different weather, and also allows you more focus on CM and other things (you still get that while on BCP). Therefore when you actually DO TTC, you will know what the difference is, and will be able to monitor the "real" signs of O rather than the ones in your head.

Good luck.

LOL you sure will.... Good luck for your journey though and make sure you join the TTC thread when you have started.. I hope you get a BFP in a short time...... Good luck with your wedding too how exciting.....