Thread: New thermometer....

Question New thermometer....

Well I finally got around to ordering my Lullaby thermometer & it arrived yesterday. So my question is, because I am on CD 6 and have started using it now, should I really delete the rest of my temps from the old thermometer? Would there be that much of a difference?

Sarah - maybe just leave the temps with the old thermometer and do a few with the new one and if you see after a few days that there is too much of a difference, then delete the first few!! I dont think it really matters if you dont have temps for the first early days of you cycle... well thats my suggestion anyways

Hey Sarah H

I swapped over thermometers mid last cycle...they were the same brand...and it didn't seem to make any difference.

I did do some checks (looking ridiculous and putting both thermometers in my mouth at a time)...and they was only 0.01 difference...so I decided to take the risk and just swap over...

LOL Monnie, I can just imagine! Should have mentioned, I went from a 1dec place one to a 2 dec place one so I can't really test it!

I'm thinking of maybe just leaving them in, what harm can it do!

Sarah, I think you are far enough away from ovulation for it to not matter.

I switched thermometers mid "cycle" (I refuse to call what I have going on an actual cycle because nothing ever happens!) when I got my 2dp one. I sometimes checked with the 1dp thermometer to see if what I was getting would be the same on each. Basically, if I rounded the 2dp one off to 1dp, then I was getting the same temperature anyway. But I recorded my temps on my chart to 1dp anyway, as I didn't want anyone to know that's what I was doing!

BW

Debbie Lee Guest

I reckon the first 6 days shouldn't matter a great deal, Sarah. If FF starts doing weird stuff when trying to pinpoint "O" then maybe you could take the temps out and see what happens then? Doubt it'll make too much of a difference.

I think leave them and just make a note of it on your chart.