Thread: Nightshifts and Charting

cherishedone Guest

Default Nightshifts and Charting

Hi I am just learning about when I actually ovulate and so forth. I have started charting but I have 2 problems.

a) My AF is irregular but the ave length is 35days (when it suits it)

b) I work nightshifts...

Now my nightshifts are all over the place but I generally work 3-4 nightshifts a week. It is going to be really difficult for me to take my BBT at the same time after having more than 3hrs sleep. I am not quite sure what to do and will this adversely affect my temp results?

The only plan I have right now is to take my BBT at the same time in the morning when I am not working nightshift and at the same time in the afternoon after I have slept following a nightshift. Would this still work?

Thank you!

I think that it sounds like a good plan. Unfortunatly we can't all have ideal charting situations but I think that trying to get as much sleep before temping is a good idea. If you can't see any pattern after a month or so maybe you could revise your method.
    Good-luck. Are you using FF? They have a section on shift work in the FAQs.

cherishedone Guest

Forgive my ignorance but what is FF?

and thanks for the tip to check out the FAQS for nightshift

cherishedone Guest

Ok I must be blind lol :-$

I cant find it still, I checked the faqs and stickys. Can you let me know where the thread is?

Thanks a million!!!

Cherishedone, I think Dachlostar meant the Fertility Friend site FAQ

HTH.

From my research into this I have found it is more important to take your temp after at least 3 hours of uninterupted sleep, than to take it at the same time every day.

cherishedone Guest

Thank you all!!!