Thread: no solid 3 hr sleep

Default no solid 3 hr sleep

I have just started temping and so far my chart looks all over the place. My problem is I dont ever have a solid 3 hr sleep pattern. I am forever getting up, whether it is to take ds back to bed or let the dogs out etc. Then I get woken when dh's alarm goes off - but it still wouldn't have been after 3 hrs of sleep. When should I take my temp - how early is too early - and does it matter if I dont have a regular wake up time?

Any advice would be wonderful. I really want to get this right.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Harjacmum - I am wondering exactly the same thing, so I will be watching this thread with interest. I am forever getting up to either of my boys, so my chart is a bit all over the place as well!

I sometimes don't get a solid 3 hrs sleep. But I take my temps vag. Have a look at my chart. The temps taken with sleep deprived usually mean lass than 3 hrs sleep b4 temp.

So it is possible

HTH's
    Tanya

Tanya, I am brand new to temping, this i s only my 2nd cycle, could you please have a look at my chart and see what you think???? I tend to have longer cycles, so even though I have CM atm, this can last for a couple of weeks until I actually O. Thanks!

Relle

Your Chart looks pretty "normal" I get an extended period of fertile CM too, but i have noticed over the passed few cycles that when O is near my CM volume increases dramatically!

I hope O happens sooner rather than later tho!

Tanya

clare076 Guest

Hi Relle,
    I looked at your chart, and I dont think you have O'd yet. For OP, I would think that not getting a solid 3 hour sleep would effect your temps however if this is occurring every night you would still be getting some regularity to your chart. I found having a restless night sleep would raise my temp by 0.5 of a degree.

Thanks girls!

Tanya - I usually get one single episode of distinct EWCM just prior to ovulation and I haven't had that yet. That is the sign I used to fall pregnant with the first 2! So I will keep a look out for that, but my chart just seemed so all over the place compared to some of you experienced ladies!

Clare - thanks for the info re sleepless nights! Typical of it to happen so close to O time as well!

Relle, your chart is relativly stable considering you have some open circles on it. I think you are one of the lucky ones, who can chart, and see a clear pattern even if disruptions to your sleep do occur (and all us mothers know it's impossible to get a solid 3hrs b4 temping every morning).

Tanya