Thread: + OPK but no coverline - cause implanon??

Question + OPK but no coverline - cause implanon??

Hi there - I have had positive OPK's - 3 in a row and EWCM at the same time, so looks like I ovulated. However my temps don't reflect it at all, there has been no positive dip and then no climb to confirm ovulation.

I did have my implanon removed a month before TTC, and didn't expect to get my perdiod straight after, but thought seeing as I did it meant my cycle would be back to normal. Has anyone else had experience with implanon, could the recent removal be what is causing my erratic temps, does it still look like I ovulated?? Totally confused and clueless!!

I am not 100% sure but I wanted to let you know what happened with me... I had used Implanon for 6 years (2 rods) and when the last one came out I was diagnosed with PCOS a month later. I was told by my GP and Gynae that OPKs would not work for me because of the hormonal imbalances.

How long did you have the Implanon in for? Do you remember what your cycles were like prior to Implanon? Heavy, irregular, long cycles or were they 'normal'?

The way the signs are not matching up could just be your body getting back in sync.

Quote Originally Posted by tk1999 View Post
    I am not 100% sure but I wanted to let you know what happened with me... I had used Implanon for 6 years (2 rods) and when the last one came out I was diagnosed with PCOS a month later. I was told by my GP and Gynae that OPKs would not work for me because of the hormonal imbalances.
    SNAP! same for me... but I was anovulatory for 8 months before getting a diagnosis. Needed clomid to concieve. Then the OPK's worked.

But anyway... there are so many varied stories on the effects of implanon. Some women fall pg immediately after it comes out and some take ages and most are just anywhere in between. But yes it could be the implanon taking a while to get out of your system.

Bugger, was hoping it wouldn't take too long. It took us 6 months TTC Jackson and 4 months TTC Leo but was hoping to be even quicker this time seeing as I know when my ovulation is on a 'normal cycle'

I only had the implanon in for 3 months and it was the first time I have had it. I wouldn't have got it put in if we thought we were going back for another one so soon, but our plans changed!!