Thread: OPK- can you get a (-) if you O the day before you test?

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Default OPK- can you get a (-) if you O the day before you test?

OPK Question:

Could you loverly ladies please look at my chart and tell me if you think I ovulated? I had a lot of EMCM the past two days and today my temp rose - so looking good..

but last night my OPK's finally arrived and I did one at 8pm and it was negative?

Could I have already ovulated before 8pm and that is why it was negative? I have never used them before. I normally have 35 day cycles, but I have been taking Chinese Herbs to help regulate my cycle, so I thought I could have ovulated early (day 13?)... I know that if I wait 3 days FF will either give me a cover line or not, but who can wait three days????

Thank you so much

cee cee - i woul dhave to say yes you would get a negative if you have O'd already - when you get a positive OPK usually it means that you will O within 24-36 hours after the peak of LH - so if you had already O'd then you would be passed the peak so on the downward slope - HTH...

I agree with AJ

Also try and do your OPK's earlier in the day. Most test normally recommend between 10am and 8pm. but most women experience a LH surge in the morning, although it can take up to 4 hrous for it to show in your urine. Most tests do say around 2pm is the best testing time (if it is possible for you)

Love

Cee_Cee99 Guest

AJ & Astrolady thank you so much for your replies. I really appreicate it. Hopefully I did ovualate as we bd at the right time so if I did ovulate, then I just know that this is my month... thanks so much....

AJ - I saw you lost weight and got a line! that is great, it seems that it is all coming together for you -

:lovebb:

ceecee - thanks i just hope that we have one more bit of good news in a week in a half or so.... and hope you do too in a couple of weeks!!!

Hope that your temp stays up tomorrow

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Thanks AJ
    Strange thing happened, when I got home tonight I did another OPK (even thought I promised myself I would not...) and it was positive (but it took a few mins to go from a faint line to a dark line).. last night when I got the negative I threw it away (in a bad mood) after 30 seconds... maybe I should have waited and it would have been positive... this whole thing has made me so irrational!

I hope your TWW is as bearable as it can be....I will say a little pray for you.... thanks again for your mail, you have been such a great support, I hope we both fall in the same month!

you silly sausage - i hope that your temp stays up now to confirm it also - i know how frustrating this whole thing can be - good luck and i hope you TWW goes well too - Mine i am 4dpo already and feel ok - so far so good - won't be too worried about it till i get back form my trip away next week so then i will be about 11dpo then i will be a mess...