Thread: Ovulation Bleeding - TMI.

Default Ovulation Bleeding - TMI.

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced not just spotting but actual bleeding at ovulation?
    I'm asking because a wonderful bb lady advised me that it was actually possible and my 'AF' was very strange this cycle. Not at all like any bleeding I have had before, far to pinkish bright red whereas its normally darker and thicker. I also had what I would say was stretchy mucous at the same time.
    Also I have never had a 26 day cycle before, although even that is very late for O.
    I'm just looking for any info from anyone who has experienced this before...

Sonya - I only ever experienced a bleed once at O time. It was light pink in colour and i had the cm to go with it - and I got pg that month! HTH, but if you are still concerned or it continues, talk to your gp or gynae.

Best of luck,

Lisa

Lisa - may I ask how long the bleed lasted?

Son - it was only for two days, and I thought it was very strange at the time, and was like 'oh I dont need this now.." until one of the bb gals pointed out that it could be an O bleed and sure enough thats what it was.

Also - if you have dtd in the last day or so, you could have burst some blood vessels around the cervix which may also cause a bleed.

Lisa

Last DTD Sunday so I don't think it was that, and this has been 1.5 days and more like spotting now. Can I also ask if you remember what CD you were up to? From what I have read it seems to happen around mid-cycle CD15 or so, but this is CD26 which seems a little strange.

Sorry Son, I dont remember the exact day it happened to me, but it was around 'mid cycle'. How many days is your normal cycle? have you considered the possibility that it could also be an implantation bleed - I had that with my first pg - and that was closer to af time than to O time.

To be honest my temps have been totally haywire I can't tell what is happening this month.
    I have been between 28-32 days generally for the last 12mths since coming of BCP. Temped since Dec 06 but nothing seems out of the ordinary until this one.
    Showed no real O spike which I have had every other month. And then had this huge spike and drop in that order over 2 days late last week, temps hit coverline when bleeding began but popped back up today (although alcohol was consumed last night-2 glasses wine). So I figured that all suggested AF which is when I began bleeding, but no pain/cramping, wrong colour and consistency and way too short at 1.5days and cycle length 26days. And definitely mucous involved which is what stunned me.

None of it seems to add up which is why I thought maybe this made sense instead...

Oooh dear, maybe wait a couple of days and see if it settles down , test again and perhaps speak to your gp about getting some bloods done to try and determine what is going on. have you used an OPK to see if that comes up +ve for O?

I had faint lines for about 2 weeks, missed one day which was of course when I expected O... still got a faint one last week when I thought I would see if the line was still haunting me.
    Will do another one tonight when I get home and see what it shows.
    I can't thank you enough Lisa for your information, it has been invaluable in trying to understand what is going on.

Good luck Son - let me know how it all goes

well - neg OPK, and neg HPT, will re-do HPT FMU to see what happens. Still have light bleeding and no idea!!