Thread: Partial ferning AFTER ovulation?

Default Partial ferning AFTER ovulation?

Anyone have any ideas why I'd get partial ferning today at 4DPO??

From Maybe Baby website FAQ

i. I see ferns after ovulation. Am I ovulating more than once in my cycle?

No, you cannot ovulate more than once in a cycle. In some women, a transitional or ferning pattern may re-appear in the days after ovulation or in the days around their period. This is normal and does not stop you from telling when ovulation is about to occur and occurring.

It is useful to identify when in your cycle this occurs. Charting helps to identify when you are ovulating (around 14 days before your next period) and when ovulation has passed. Your personal patterns should become evident by examining your chart.
    HTH

If it's only partial then I wouldn't worry too much Sarah. Is the pattern different to when you O'd?

Sarah, I used to get this sometimes when I was using Maybe Baby. I found it very confusing to be honest. If I hadn't been using the peesticks at the same time I would not really have known what to think. I found the combination of peestick and MB was useful. When the two coincided, it was D Day. Any time after D Day, I just disregarded. It is interesting though how there is so much variation in a normal cycle.

I used to get more than one lot of CM in my cycle when it was a longer one of 35 days+ so the MB helped me to figure out which one was the real one due to the ferns being nice and thick. When they were thinner or mixed with pebbles then I could disregard it.
    I also used OPK's sometimes too but that was when I was trying Shettles TTC a girl so I was trying to get in the BD before O.

Sorry i have to disagree with that because you can ovulate twice in a cycle. Or so i was told by an OB.

I got really strong ferning 5 or 6 days after I ovulated (according to my OPK). Conceived that month too, and by bub's due date, the OPK was right and MB was out! Nothing like getting conflicting test results to make the whole baby making thing harder than it can already be . . .

They are the same as when I Oed just way more of them. I dunno?!

Tegan you can O more than once in a cycle hich is how fratneral twice happen, but it's usually right around the same time.

From memory i got ferning after o with the cycle i conceived Tia...i can remember getting all confused about it. Hope it's the same for you Sarah!

Angelibean Guest

Default Youre correct - we CAN ovulate more than once in a cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Antheia View Post
    Sorry i have to disagree with that because you can ovulate twice in a cycle. Or so i was told by an OB.
    here is a scientific reference to being able to ovulate more than once in a cycle:

Women can ovulate more than once a month - 09 July 2003 - New Scientist