Thread: Personal Question: What do you record when...

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Default Personal Question: What do you record when...

On FF, what do you record for your CM when it's probably left over seman and how long after intercourse do you assume the "CM" is actually seman?

Also, does anyone know if FF automatically assesses your data and anything you enter for CM the day after intercourse is not assessed as CM?

(Does that make sense?)

I hope I get some answers to my question, although I know that it is quite a personal question.

I could never tell the difference between semen and my cm lol I always just used to record it as my most fertile cm though so I didnt miss out on catching the egg

Hi Daniellabella

Good question. I guess Egg White CM (EWCM) will stretch between your fingers while semen wont. If it stretches, I enter it as EWCM but if it doesnt stretch, I dont put anything down at all.

I'm not sure if I understand your second question sorry .....

Quote Originally Posted by Tonydayl View Post
    I'm not sure if I understand your second question sorry .....
    I guess I'm just trying to ask if when FF does the analysis of your data if it takes into account that CM the day after intercourse usually is seman and not CM (don't know if that makes it any clearer for you though)

clare076 Guest

I have heard that one floats and the other doesn't. As far as stretching, unfortunately semen tends to stretch some as well, so unless you have been checking for a while it is quite hard to distinguish.

I think FF basically analyses the data based on what you enter, if you enter EWCM then it will take it as that, not a possibility of semen. When I first started temping I used to check CM, and CP but didn't include it on my chart until such time as I could distinguish the two.

It is hard, but it does get easier, have you done the course that FF offers? They send it daily to your email and may help answer some questions

Semen and EWCM have a lot of the same properties, including stretch. If you aren't sure there are a number of things you can do. You could try putting some on a finger and wave it in the air - semen will dry, EWCM won't. But the best test is putting some into water. Semen will disperse in the water, EWCM will "clump" together. It may float OR sink, but it will tend to change colour and may look like the egg that is in a chinese egg-flour soup.

As you are supposed to record the most fertile CM for each day, it is best to be absolutely positive that it isn't EWCM because this can affect the way that the computer analyses your data and it may give you a false reading and a false O date if the data doesn't match with your other fertile (or non-fertile) signs.

Lisa

Thanks.

I printed the 30 something page ebook from FF and read that from start to finish, that was so helpful!

clare076 Guest

I will never think of Chinese egg flour soup in the same way ever again

Quote Originally Posted by Mumintaz View Post
    Semen will disperse in the water
    Lisa
    Really? I've never noticed that. Have you ever been fooling around in the shower with your man and then tried to wash semen off your skin wherever it landed? That stuff turns to rubber cement within seconds in my experience!!!! Sometimes even after getting out and drying myself I've found that it's left a layer of 'glue' where I've not scrubbed it off hard enough!

From my own observations, EWCM has a much finer consistency (like artificial lube...or funny enough, egg white!) but semen will be more clumpy and globby and if in doubt, it has its characteristic smell whereas EWCM to me doesn't smell of anything at all.

I was going to say the exact same things as Lisa!! If we have BD overnight I find it's best to check my CM just before going to bed the next night, that way there is the longest possible time for any left overs to disperse IYKWIM.

And nope, if you enter EWCM FF will assume just that. It's a computer program & doesn't allow for the possibility of it maybe being leftovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_H View Post
    if you enter EWCM FF will assume just that. It's a computer program & doesn't allow for the possibility of it maybe being leftovers.
    ROFL @ the left overs

As you check your CM more often (and if you feel the need the other stuff too) you will get to notice the difference between them.

I would definately recommend the course on FF, its free and provides lots of great information