Thread: Question about cycles?

Default Question about cycles?

Hi Guys,

I have a Q about my cycle, for the past 2 cycles for some strange reason they were between 33-35 days long, nomally between 27-29 days, by my temps last cycle i O on day 21, hence the 35 day cycle, this month i did opk's and temps and it showed that i O on day 16, so can i expect AF to arrive on time this month, or could it still be late? just trying to work out when she will be late, and when to take a test as im very confused!!

Thanx to everyone, you have all been a huge help in answering all of my questions! :lovebb:

Shellstar76

if you O'd on cd 16 you should have a 30day cycle - if you o'd on cd21 then af arrive 14days later then it looks like you have a 14 day LP - so its almost back to your normal length

*TamaraP* Guest

Ditto to what AJ said.

Yep that sounds about right!

jbprincess Guest

Do you mind if I hi-jack this thread? lol

I am also very confused by my cycles..... my last one was 34 days and I had EWCM on CD17, the cycle before that was 30 days and I didn't notice any EWCM......
    This cycle is so far 37 days! I haven't noticed any EWCM, so I have no idea when I O'D (yes, I was charting CM but I got lazy around CD18 this month!)

So, my question is........ what is going on, do you think?
    This is my 4th cycle off the pill. The last time that I recorded our BD was CD15, but we have done it again since then (both protected and un-protected), do you think I should try a HPT? I just don't want to take one and get disappointed/waste it.

Thanks ladies!

you can try a HPT but do not be too disapointed if it is negative. Your body can take a good six months (sometimes more) to settle after coming of BCP -so do not dispair just yet - you may or may not notice EWCM in your cycles the best indicator is to temperature check - perhaps you should try this next time?

jbprincess Guest

Thanks,

I'm not real sure about temping tho - I could do it every weekday morning at 7am, but often I wake a few times during the night and I don't know if this would be a prob? I wake really late on weekends tho, so I don't know how I would go doing this - would it be ok if I set an alarm for 7am on weekends and then went back to sleep?

I really don't know anything about temping at all!!

Actually.......TMI warning.........................
    I felt really 'wet' down there this morning and thought "great, AF is here", but it was just a lot of creamy white CM - does this mean anything?

Sorry for all the Q's!

Hi There,

I notice alot of creamy CM just before AF arrives ( a few days before)
    But you could try a HPT, i know you might be disappointed, but you never know being so late you may also get a . its worth a try!!

Goodluck

Shellstar76

jbprincess Guest

Thanks, I did try a HPT yesterday morning and it was BFN - I used Crystal Clear. It was the result that I expected, i'm just still wondering why AF is so late? Once I had the 48 day cycle coming off the pill, I was sure that my cycles had gone back to normal when the next one was 30 days and the one after that was 34 days.

Today is CD41!! Do you think I should ask for a blood test, or would they tell me to wait longer?

jbprincess Guest

Well, AF arrived yesterday, on CD43!! So, I am at a total loss about what happened this cycle! I didn't notice any EWCM at all, so maybe I didn't even O?...

So, I got myself and DP all worried about maybe getting a BFP (tested together on CD42), for nothing!
    I told him that charting was going to be an easy way to keep track of my cycles/fertile time - he is not going to have much faith in me anymore!

I guess it's still taking a bit of time for my body to settle down after coming off the pill..... which is frustrating!! They were always regular before, and I thought it was going back to normal......

Cycles after BCP: 48, 30, 34, 43,.....??

Hi Jb,

Sorry to hear that nasty AF paid you a visit, your cycles are really long arn't they! Are you temping? this will give you an indication as to when you have O'd, but also if you haven't already try using OPK's, they were work great for me, we are yet to fall pregnant but i had a positive OPK and then i had all the corresponding symptoms (eg temps & CM), and they were just the cheap ones of ebay, highly recommend them!

Goodluck for next month!

Shellstar76

julesy Guest

Hey jb,

I know exactly how you feel. Since coming off the pill, my AF has been antyhing from 26 to 39 days!! This erratic behaviour on the part of my body has me all confused (not to mention my hub...poor man...), so I have decided to start doing the temp thing. I joined fertility friend, and have been charting my temps, it actually makes it heaps easier to interpret and see what's going on. I think it also brings you more in tne with what your body does each cycle...

With regards to timing the temps, I am a shift worker (sometimes the graveyard shift finishing at 7am), so I read up on when the best time to take a temp is. Apparently, as long as you sleep for 3 solid hours prior to taking a test, it should be OK (although maybe not as reliable as testing the exact same time each day). If you want, setting an alarm to wake you for a temp is a good idea! My temps are varying by 0.1-0.2 of a degree when I sleep for three hours prior. So I guess it's as reliable as I can make it!

Good luck TTC. It is supposed to fun after all!!

julesy

Julsey you should attach yoru FF chart to your signature so that we can follow your progress. My cycles have been irregular since stopping BCP too.

jbprincess Guest

Thanks Jules!

Next cycle (whenever that may be!) I am going to try OPK's again and I am also going to start taking my Vitex again to see if that helps!

DGirl - do you take Vitex? I thought I remembered you mention that you were going to give it a go....... is it working for you? What have your cycles been like since stopping BCP?

I am on CD20 atm and I have heaps of thick, white CM. I also didn't notice any EWCM this cycle, so I still have no idea when to expect AF

JB - yes I had been taking vitex in a tablet (mixed in with other goodies liek Dong quai and black cohosh) and it seemed to be shortening my cycles.

I ran out about 7 days before Oing this cycle and my O date got longer again my 2 days, so I am now taking vitex tablets. But I have a bit of a tummy ache from them so I am leaving off them until CD1.

Try temping JB. Then you will see if you are actually Oing or if you are having annovulary cycles.

jbprincess Guest

Thanks,

I have just purchased a BBT thermometer from Fertility naturopath on Ebay, and also 20 OPK's!! Do you have any experience with these?

As of next cycle, I will start taking my Vitex again, start temping and use OPK's - I know these are all meant for TTC, do you think I can use them successfully for NOT TTC just yet?

I just wanna get a handle on my cycles, since they are so screwed up since coming off BCP.

Thanks for your help DGirl!!

Actually I haven't used OPKs because since charting I can usually see when I am about to O (plus weren't not trying yet).

But it would be a good idea for you to use them as well as temping and checking CM just so you can see what your cycle is doing.

You may as well start temping from now. It wont hurt. I started halfway through a cycle.
    Do you take the liquid vitex?

jbprincess Guest

Yes, I do take the liquid vitex (tastes gross!)

I should hopefully get my thermometer in the mail next week sometime (same with the OPK - obviously too late to use them this cycle!)

Yeah, I really do think that all this will help me to see when I O, since I have no idea at the moment - which doesn't help in trying to avoid pg!
    And it will be especially helpful when the time comes for me and DP to actually start TTC.