Thread: Question about recording temps

Fee Guest

Default Question about recording temps

I've just started recording my temps.

Now I realise that you need to have 3 or so hours of uninterrupted sleep before testing. I've been testing every morning at 5.30 am as soon as I awake.

But my question is, what is the definition of "interrupted"? Because ever since I've started temping I've been having a terrible night's sleep! I think in my subconcious I know that I've got to get up and take my temp. Also I've been getting up 30 minutes earlier than usual (5.30 am is my new wake up time). So I am having very restless sleeps and sometimes waking in the night. But... I don't get out of bed or anything. Does this count as uninterrupted? Or is it interrupted just because I woke up?

You can see my past few temps below in my FF chart. I've only done a few.

I think if you wake up and then fall back to sleep again pretty quickly without getting out of bed or moving around alot etc then you should be fine.

Love

Yeah... I sometimes wake briefly about an hour before my wakeup time. I never knew whether to put interupted sleep or not either. I think I kept waking up fearing I'd miss my time to test hehe. It hasn't seemed to affect my temps too drastically tho. So I wouldn't worry too much if you're just stirring in the morning.

Found this ladies. Not sure if this will help.
    It is important to take your temperature immediately upon waking. Your temperature will fluctuate once you are moving around. If you wake up during the middle of the night and you go back to sleep and get at least three additional hours of uninterrupted sleep, your temperature will be accurate. If you wake up less than three hours before your normal scheduled waking time and have to get up for any reason, it is advisable to take your temperature then (before you get out of bed) and not at your normal waking time. Remember log the time temperature was taken and make a notation as to the adjustment.

Fee Guest

Well I'm waking up but not really moving - so I guess that's okay?!

I think you shold be fine putting it in as a normal temp Fee. Like you said your not moving around or anything just going back to sleep.