Thread: Question about thermometers

Default Question about thermometers

Hi ladies

This may be a silly question, but has anyone used a single decimal place digital thermometer and not had great looking charts, and then used a 2 decimal place and had better results? I suppose the reason I'm asking is that I have been at 35.5 for a week now and thought that maybe it really is fluctuating between 35.1 and 35.5. Does this make sense to anyone? LOL

Your temperature could be fluctuating anywhere between 35.45 and 35.54 - which is a pretty substantial range (0.09C)... when you consider that the change needed to detect ovulation on FF is 0.1C, it could be a problem for some women.

I found my charts where very flat when I used the 1decimal place thermometer, and while they aren't so flat any more, I can't really say they look any better - but that's down to the PCOS issues, not my thermometer now!

BW

I've never had a problem with a 1dec place thermometer, but money permitting I will be buying a 2dec place this month to see if it makes a difference.

Me *puts up her hand*
    In my first cycle charting I had flat temps for a while, was suggested i had a flat battery etc but it was all new and not that.
    In the following months ive noticed that sometimes i stay with only very slight temperature changes BUT i can notice this with a 2 decimal point, without I would be flat lining.
    I think a 2 decimal ones is around the $15 to $20 mark.

Good Luck with your charting Suz

Hi SuzL

If you have a look at my chart, my temp has been the same for 4 days! BEcause I am only using a 1 decimal place thermometer but I am sure my temp is changing between 36.5 and 36.9 but I cant pick it up.

I have bought a ovulation thermometer that goes the 2 decimals point so interested to see what I get tomorrow morning!

I have have found my charts much easier to decipher since I started using a BBT thermometer. The single decimal point just made it too flat. I got my BBT thermometer from Lullaby Conceptions (online), it was about $18. HTHs!

Thanks girls, you've convinced me, I'm going to buy a 2 decimal for next month and see if it makes a difference