Thread: silly question.... sorry

Question silly question.... sorry

Hi,
    This is all very overwhelming and new.
    I have just had my Mirena (UIC) out, and when the gynae did an internal scan he said that i was ovulating. 3 days afterwards I started with AF. Is that normal, is AF normally so soon after ovulation or is this abnormal. If it's abnormal, should I begin charting according to AF or ovulation? Very confused.
    Thanks

That is very close together - normally they are 10-16 days apart (I think). Start charting from when AF begins (that is cycle day 1). I wouldn't worry too much about how close they are together just yet - just start charting from AF & see how the next luteal phase looks (this is the time between O & AF). My luteal phase was only 6 days last month (but I only stopped taking the pill in January - so I expect my cycle to be a bit funny for a while). If it continues to be really short, then I would suggest talking to your Dr about it. Hope that helps.

Did he mean that you were ovulating right then? or perhaps he could see that you had ovulated, and just said it in general that you are ovulating. LOL - that sounded confusing.. sorry. If it was a blood test or somehting to detect O, usually that's done about day 21 and you'd get AF not too long after. So perhaps he could see it late in the cycle that you had ovulated.

I think the general rule would be to chart with AF. FF would start a new cycle for you anyway as soon as you enter AF so definitely just start there

Good luck making that baby!

Hi Liz,
    He said that he could see that I was ovulating. I think that it is just my body getting used to not having the chemicals in it anymore. I called the Mirena help line and the lady said it was my body's reaction to the removal and that I should chart according to O rather than this AF.
    Thanks for all the help

How do you chart according to O tho?? I find that confusing. Coz as soon as you enter a bleed into FF it'll start a new cycle for you.

Hi Liz,
    Basically she meant ignore this bleed and start from the next AF. That should start in about a weeks time, if you work on the cycle that AF starts about 2 weeks after O.
    For eg. If you had to stop taking th epill during the middle of a cycle you're foing to bleed, but it isn't really your natural AF. I'd imagine that is what she meant HTH

aah k... so you just don't enter the bleed into FF then I guess.

Good luck!