Thread: Someone Help Please!!!

babykeys Guest

Question Someone help with saliva Ovulation predictor...

I have been hitting my head against a wall the last few months!! I have a 23mo daughter and my husband and I are trying for number two! My periods have always been irregular, and unpredictable. So I have been using a saliva O predictor (which I didn't use for my first child) and it's driving me crazy! Every day, just about, it is showing ferning. There's an occasional day where it shows dots, but otherwise I'm ferning. Pretty strongly. Does anyone have any suggestions or other types of OP that I won't need to continue to replace every week? Any help is appreciated. Thanx!

Last edited by babykeys; March 20th, 2007 at 06:44 AM.

have you tried temping?, i used OPK and never got a positive, i then temped and got pregnant that month

I agree with trying to chart temps but they're good for showing when you have ovulated (if at all). I found that cervical fluid and texture charting along with temps were very accurate for me and we got preggers on the first month of trying!

babykeys Guest

I will try tracking my temps this month! Also, expat, what do you mean by tracking your fluids and texture charting? I haven't tried that at all and I'm not sure what you'd have to keep track of. Thank you both for the advice!

Hey babykeys

Check out the fertilityfriend website...

It's an online charting temp. service...you can get a 30 day free trial before you commit to purchasing it...

I found this website an absolute godsend...I realised after using it for a while that we were not always getting our timing right...

It has online tutorials that you can do that explain all about fluids (cervical mucous) and how to know which type is the most fertile...as well as a whole lot of other stuff on charting, when to "try", etc. You learn so much and it's so helpful in trying to conceive...

I also tried the salivary ovulation thing...it never really worked for me...

Yep, what Monnie said!

Fertility friend is so good and is really clear to use. Also, see if you can get your hands on a copy of Toni Wechslers 'Taking charge of your fertility' A really brilliant book that gives it to you in every day language and doesn't overmedicalise it.

Once you have the knowledge it's amazing how obvious it is that you're coming into a fertile window whereas before you wouldn't have had a clue how to read your body's signs.

babykeys Guest

Wow, thank you both for your advice! I am so excited to have another option and one that doesn't require peeing on sticks every day and depending on someone or something other than my own body signals to tell me when the time is right! At least that's what it is sounding like so far. But I'm am off to check out this site and see if I can find that book also. Thanks a bunch!!