Thread: Spotting vs. AF, CD1 or CD2?

Question Spotting vs. AF, CD1 or CD2?

Hello all,

I am being overly finicky about details I know but, I am not sure weather to count yesterday or today as CD1 on fertility friend.

The thing is, I used to only have a tiny bit of spotting or tinged CM the day before AF started mostly in the afternoon or evening, the next day I would then be in no doubt that CD1 had started.

Of late (since deciding to TTC) my body has been so different, which I find a bit unsettling!

This all started aug 06 along with a one-off freakishly long cycle and ongoing breakthrough mid cycle bleeding then much heavier AF bleeding than I've ever had before.
    All the above unexplained by my very disinterested endo/gyno.

Fortunately in the past three months I feel I am slowly going back to normal cycles but yesterday (CD12 0r CD1?) has thrown me. Basically I had a bit more of a flow, enough that I had to use a liner but it wasn't quite like usual AF on Cd1. Today feels more like a proper early AF day but I am not 100% that I shouldn't count yesterday as CD1.

Also, if yesterday was Cd1 then my LP was just 11 days not 12 which I think is more usual for me.

I realise that these things happen and I dont expect any magic answers but with regards to charting, would you say CD1 was yesterday or today?

Any help would be wonderful.

thanks, sassba

With IVF cycling they always say CD1 is the first day of full flow. I would therefore say today is your day 1. It is annoying how our bodies can be so changable! I have found that I always have full flow day one except when trying to count for IVF when I get light flow day one, two or even three and then full flow. SOOOO annoying isnt it!!
    Good luck cycling!
    Sazz

I agree!

Count CD 1 as the day of full flow. I've had up to 3 days of spotting before AF arrived properly....very frustrating!

I am with the others. CD1 is the first day of real blood flow (i.e. tampon or pad required). My Gyno did confirm that with me yesteday, as I usually have a couple of days of spotting prior to AF arriving. Good luck hun!
    xo