Thread: Taking of Temperature

Default Taking of Temperature

Hi Everyone

Still new to all this but loving the support that everyone seems to give people. I started FF last week as hubby and I are planning on starting TTC in February 2007 and want to get this charting thing down pat before then.

FF says that temps are meant to be taken at the same time each day, but the problem I have is that I get up at 4.30am during the week and (thankfully) sleep in until about 7.30am on the weekends. Once I'm awake I never get back to sleep so dont want to set the alarm for 4.30am on the weekends either just to take my temp because I will never get back to sleep. Does anyone have any suggestions? Can I take my temp at 7.30am during the week even if I have already been up for three hours???? Or is this the start of "sleep sacrifice" which we all need to get used to once bubs comes along????

Thanks

Temperatures need to be taken on first waking, so a 7:30 temperature when you've already been up for a while is going to be useless.

Taking them at the same time every day is best, but if you really can't face a 4:30 am wakeup on the weekends, just go with your weekend temperatures being at a different time. You may find that it doesn't have much of an effect on the overall chart, but if you find that it does, you've got plenty of time between now and then to figure out how to go back to sleep after taking your 4:30 temp on the weekends.

Good luck with the charting, and good luck with the TTC when it starts!

BW

Thanks BW. I thought this may be the case so it looks like 4.30am starts on the weekends too.

Thanks

Thank you Emma. That is a great idea - I never knew there was such a thing. Might look into it today.