Thread: Temp after O

Default Temp after O

Hi There!
    Im usually in the AC forum. Ive just sarted seeing an accupuncturist who had a look at my charts (even though 2 FS passed them and Ive had numerous O tests- all OK!) She feels that after I O I do not stay above 36.6- and if a successful preg is to occur it has to stay above 36.6 for 14 days and longer? Is this correct. I always have a temp jump to 36.6-37 and it kind of stays there but sometimes it goes to 36.5.
    Can anyone help me with this?

You had me a little worried there for a minute about the temp having to stay above 36.6 for 14 days for a successfull pg. I don't think that is correct, I have just checked out some of the TTC charts that resulted in pg and there are heaps that have temps below 36.6.

Hi there!
    Thanks for youre reply!
    Your charts seems to stay pretty much above 36.6 after O
    Do you know what temp it should be or stay above after O Im a bit confused????????

I really don't think that there is a specific temp. I could be wrong as I am only 2 cycles into this TTC thing.
    Just check out some of the successful charts in the charting forum. Heaps of those after O have been below 36.6 and they are pg. Some are even so crazy that they drop below the coverline.

Thank you so much for your advice- every dr/fs I see has there own opinion- im on my second IVF cycle and really quite stressed- so thanks!

I reckon that you will always find the best advice in BB, you don't realise how many people have a similar situation to your very own. Not that you should totally dismiss the FS advice. It's just that the ladies in here are actually going through it or have been through it.
    I wish you all the very best of luck....

I agree with kim.b. I've been looking at the FF charts and heaps don't go above 36.6 nor stay there if they do but still the ladies were pg. I do think it's supposed to stay up after O but many of those charts show temps going up and down so who knows..... I'm 5DPO & my temp shot up to 36.9 from 36.3 where it's been since O so I'm hoping that it's a good sign. I've only just started charting this cycle though so maybe I always do that.