Thread: Temp question

Default Temp question

Hey guys

Just a quick question... i have just started temping and compared to everyone elses temps i have looked at mine are really low... i was just wondering why this would be the highest my temp has been is just over 36.... am i doing something wrong? or is this kind of normal

Hope someone can help

Thanks

It could be normal for you. It could also be a sign that you are tending to sleep with your mouth open. Worst case scenario, it could be indicating that you have a thyroid problem.

If you are finding that you wake up often with your mouth open, you may need to start temping vaginally. I would also find (and particularly important in colder weather that we are now heading into) that putting the cold thermometer in your mouth and temping straight away was a recipe for disaster. I found it best to put the thermometer in my mouth, wait for it to stop feeling cold, then move it to the other side of my mouth (keeping my mouth closed the whole time) and only then turn it on.

BW

Thanks for the reply BW

i have been sleeping with my mouth open the past couple of night as i have a pretty bad cold... i will see what happens with my temps in the next couple of days

i have been just testing out temping throughout the day and it never gets over the 36.1 mark... so could these temps just be normal for me?

Temps during the day depend a lot on what you've been doing. They can also be effected by whatever medications you take.

But generally, some people do tend to run hotter or colder than others. I run cold, it seems, but various medications I've been given have increased my body temp, I can see it in the temps I record, and in the fact that I find myself randomly breaking out in a sweat in conditions that wouldn't normally bug me. Paracetamol lowers body temp - if you've been taking it in any cold medications you are using, it will be lowering your temperature.

Hang in there, and don't pay too much attention to what's going on while you have the cold. Just make sure that when you are well again you do all the things I suggested - sleep with mouth closed, and make sure the thermometer has warmed up before you turn it on.

BW

Thank you so much for your advice BW i really appreciate it.... i have been taking cold and flu tablets but am stopping that today as i'm feeling alot better

No problem, Nikki, any time.

BW