Thread: Temp rise & BD question

Default Temp rise & BD question

Hi,

Last night we started the official TTC journey. I stayed in bed to keep the spermies there but had to get up at 4am to go to the loo. Took my temp at 7.30am (so had 3 hrs lying down) but it's gone up today. I do roll around a bit in the morn. Not sure what to record (sleep deprived?) as I don't want to whack my chart out.

I regularly O on CD 16 or 17.

Also, if you BD and DH couldn't finish properly, what do you record on FF? (we tried this morning but he wasn't re-charged enough ).

Sounds like you've timed it well Melody I think the general rule is to take your temp as soon as you wake up, so long as it's at least 3hrs sleep?

I had a bit of a giggle at your DH not being recharged. I dunno, these men think they can keep up.. but when it comes to serious baby making, it's tougher than they think! LOL. Umm.. depends what you mean by finish properly? If something came out I'd record it.. if he couldn't manage it at all, I'd probably not record it. hehe. Sounds like you timed it well last night tho.. and they'll still be swimming around for a couple more days

Good luck!

Thanks Liz, that makes me feel better. "not finishing properly" means he couldn't sustain an erection long enough to come (sorry, but sometimes plain English works best ). Nothing came out (apart from the looby stuff - but I've heard that that can sometimes contain spermies?.

I've just overlaid my charts and popped them on my home page. My last few months show that I seem to have a temp rise (about CD15/16) before it drops again for Ov. Could be fine after all! (was really worried I missed the eggie!

this will probably sound like a silly question, but what is BD, I know pretty much all the other acronyms but this one has me stumped.

Hi Sharon, BD = bedding (sex)

There's a list of acronyms under the forum help section.

I always preferred to read BD as baby dancing. Same difference, though.

Yep BD = baby dance.

If there is any penetration I would count it as some pre-ejaculate can contain sperm so it is possible to fall pregnant from that. No highly likely, but it is possible.

thanks everyone