Thread: Temp rises.

Default Temp rises.

Clutching at straws here....but....

are there any of you who's temps didn't sky rocket until after you were late?

Or do they HAVE to rise dramatically before AF would arrive to be PG?

God this stuff is confusing!!

Been reading up on triphasic charts...and apparently not all charts ending in pregnancy have a 3rd thermal shift...just like some non pregnancy charts can have a 3rd thermal shift...LOL

Sheeesh.

Sorry ChrissyT, I wish I could help. I was one of those slackers who never temped whilst TTC; so I have no idea what my body was doing.

Hope someone can help you with this enquiry though!

angelique Guest

Hello there,

Apparently, from the time you ovulate it should stay high (over 37 degrees) and coninue to rise on and off and continue to rise when your periods are due. IT should never fall bellow 37 degrees. It should vary from 37 to 37.45 etc. Just depends.

This is the sneaky way to find out if you are pregnant or not.

Hope this helps

I haven't pulled out the thermometer but I just KNOW my temp rose on conception and it hasn't gone down since! I especially feel it at night... have to stick my feet out to cool down... am dreading summer! I also often feel hot and cold at the same time! Not feverish... just hot legs and cold arms... infact I feel like that now!

holy crap! My temp has NEVER gone over 36.7!! Only of a night time does it even hit 37 sometimes 37.1

I never had a second upward shift.
    My normal morning temp was between 35.5 and about 36, it would drop to around 34 or a bit higher, and go up to about 36.8 - 37.1

angelique Guest

Sorry Girls,

I didn't mean to freak anyone out. This is what a naturopath has told me but I guess everyone is different. But your temp does vary so dont worry to much. If your pregnant you are pregnant, dont worry about temps.

Sorry again

Fee Guest

My temps were quite high and I had a feeling I was pg. Have a look at my chart below.

I haven't heard that bit about how your temps should be over 37. But my naturopath told me the higher temps are better. She said if you're regularly under 36.3 (I think it was) then that's not so good. It's better to be higher than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fee
    She said if you're regularly under 36.3 (I think it was) then that's not so good. It's better to be higher than that.
    Fee are you talking about before Ovulation/ After Ovulation or with a cycle as a whole.

My temps dip below 36.3 before Ovulation, especially the few days before my surge, but are always higher than that after O.

Could you clarify that for me? Thanks matey!

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ChrissyT
    Quote Originally Posted by Fee
    She said if you're regularly under 36.3 (I think it was) then that's not so good. It's better to be higher than that.
    Fee are you talking about before Ovulation/ After Ovulation or with a cycle as a whole.

My temps dip below 36.3 before Ovulation, especially the few days before my surge, but are always higher than that after O.

Could you clarify that for me? Thanks matey!

As a whole really ... well I guess in the pre-ovulatory phase. One chart I showed my naturopath had lower temps and but then the next cycle they were generally a bit higher and she said that was much better.