Thread: temp taking

Default temp taking

hi, just a question about taking my temp. my DP wakes up sat 3.30am to go to work and because of this i dont get back to sleep til about 4 and then i wake up around 6 so its a bit hard to get an accurate temp. so if i take my temp vaginally would it be better? thanks.

I think that as long as you take your temp as soon as you wake up before you do anything alse, and after 3 hours of sleep it should be fine. But I've also heard that taking it vaginally is more accurate anyway.

I have the odd day where I wake up an hour before I normally would & I figure if I stay in bed, don't move and doze back to sleep then it will all be good. I wouldn't worry about it.

thanks.. i will see how i go

Renee,
    Its suggested that you take your BBT after at least 3 hours of solid sleep, i guess it depends on how solidily you sleep in those 2 hours as well as the half an hour, if your laying there just doing nothing, not a round of house work then as sarah said i wouldnt worry too much about it, as overall in charts its looking for patterns not exact temperatures.
    there is also the temp. corrector as well if your a VIP member on FF, or some lovely girl on here to help out.

Renee, why don't you just take your temp when DH wakes up.

DUH!
    Min that's a great suggestion!

that is a good decision but is it too early to be taking it at this time? well i will wait for a new cycle (hopefully wont need it) and swap to the 3.30am temp taking thanks everyone!!

If you've had three hours of sleep before hand, and are consistent with the time, then you shouldn't have any problems at all. Although, it may be a pain continuing to take your temp at that time if your DH isn't getting up to go to work - weekends and/or holidays...

BW