Thread: temperature charting

court79 Guest

Default temperature charting

Hi,

We have been TTC for 5 months now with no success as yet 8-[ . I started charting my BBT this month, but just wanted to know whether you are supposed to take your temperature at the same time everyday to get accurate results?

I find his to be a struggle (and i have only been doing it for three weeks!! #-o ) as I wake up at all different times (ie. 5am one morning, and then 6:30am the next) and I wasnt sure what impact this would have on my results.

You are really supposed to take your temps around the same time every day, as if you get up later it may be slightly higher and lower if you get up early. IYKWIM?!

If you possibly can try and do it around the same time, I think 15 mins either way is ok. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

julesy Guest

I know exactly what you mean, I'm a shift worker, and it's difficult to do it at the right times. I found that if I set my alarm EVERY morning for 6am, I'd get pretty accurate results. This is OK if you can manage to get back to sleep! (Shift workers are very good at sleeping!!). The other thing to remember is that as long as on the odd occasion, you've had three hours of sleep prior to the temp, it can still be OK. Just don't do it all the time.

If temping doesn't work for you, why not try the OPK's? I've heard they are just as effective.

Hope this helps.

julesy :smt023

I took my temp & OPK's to get my little one!!!

I took temp same time daily...

Good Luck!