Thread: Temping

mazzie Guest

Default Temping

I am just about to get my first Thermometer to help me with charting.

Just interested to know which 'place' you stick yours?

What is the advantages of orally versus vaginally and vice versa?

Thanks. Sorry about the TMI question! :biggrin:

Hey Mazzie

I used mine orally...but I know of people who use the vaginal method...I think the vaginal method is supposed to be slightly more accurately...but the oral way, appealled to me a little more...either way, the main thing is that you pick one way to measure...and keep to it (for that cycle at least!)

Not sure what thermometer you're getting...if you can, try to get a digital basal body temp. thermometer with two decimal places (sometimes your temperature only shifts a tiny bit...so the two decimal place thermometers can capture that a bit better!).

I got my thermometer from the chemist for about $20. I think you can actually get them a bit cheaper online at the Lullaby Conceptions website (BB sponser...and also has great prices for pregnancy tests....MUCH cheaper than the chemist)

Wishing you all the best...however you decided to "locate" your thermo!!!! LOL

I also temp orally... Everyone is different and its a personal thing whatevers easier for you.. I fell pg temping orally with angel.... Good luck...

mazzie Guest

I got a ovutemp thermometer, it has two decimal places.

I think Im gonna go with the orally way.. Just because it feels better to me LOL :P

All the best!