Thread: Temping & AF

Default Temping & AF

Hi Girls,
    Please don't laugh, I know I know the answer but just can't seem to remember......
    You don't need to take your temp while AF is in town do you?
    Jayne

i do! just to see what pre-o temps are like. No harm in it

I do as well just to see an overall pattern of my cycle. Its good to do it if you are doing chart overlays and comparing.

I'm the same as Sunny Summer and Danni. I take my temp everyday so you get to know your full cycle and it also helps to get into a routine.

I never used to.... Only once she'd left town, then I'd start again....

*TamaraP* Guest

I did, but I didn't worry if I forgot during AF though.
    And because I was temping vaginally I really didn't like using the thermo during AF.

I used to temp during AF, not always though (and I temped vaginally too). But I used the little thermometer cover things IYKWIM?? They didn't affect the temp and made things less messy

Thanks for all your replies, I guess it does make sense to continue temping throughout the whole cycle. The more data the finer the analysis I assume. Thanks!!!

I do, partly because if I dont take temperature for a week or so then I might forget... so i take it just to get myself into the routine of taking it. If that made sense?

I usually temp everyday, but have had breaks from it. I think that if you think you need a break from the stress of temping and analysing your chart, then a temp break is a great idea!! I love not having to wake up to an alarm!

I don't. I did for my first few cycles but I temp vaginally as well. I've not noticed any particular disruption to my cycles as a result of not temping during AF. I start as soon as she leaves and haven't had any problems. I have had two BFP's during the cycles I didn't temp and I don't O regularly but still managed to catch the temp changes.

Lisa

I read in a fertility book (I think its the one they recommend on FF) that you don't have to temp during AF. Apparently temps are usually higher then? Having said that, I'm not really an expert, because I only started temping this cycle.