Thread: Temping in a nutshell

Default Temping in a nutshell

HI All

I just bought a basal thermometer so going to start charting using temping but have no idea where to start and FF instructions are too long.

How do i actually read the graph? is it when i see a spike it means i ovulated?

I have VIP on FF so that is what i will be using to chart.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!

Basically short easy version....
    Take temp same time each morning. Need to have had min 3 hrs sleep uninterrupted.
    Type temp into FF

At the start of your cycle your temps will be in the lower range.
    Day of ovulation some people see a dip in temps others dont see a dip at all.
    Day after ovulation your temps will start to go into a higher range until AF arrives at the end of the cycle. Some time in the higher temps if you happen to conceive you (may) have an implantation dip but you temps will spike back up after this if this were to happen.

Oh, usually day of AF or days leading up to AF your temp will start to drop indicating AF is about to arrive.

Hope this helps

Thank you Mum22. Youve been alot of help with my other threads as well. Highly appreciate it =)

No probs Mum2One!! I sorta knew the answer so thought I'd cut it down to a basic version easier to understand with only the main points. Goodluck, hope you get a BFP very soon!!!

Thanks! Really need it seeing that im on CD20 with no signs of being fertile yet >.<