Thread: Temping you know where!! (Downstairs)

Question Temping you know where!! (Downstairs)

This whole charting thing has gotten me into the biggest spin.
    DP and I have been TTC for 2 months. We previously lost our bubba at 15wks ( 2006 ).
    I have only been charting this cycle and am finding it extremely difficult with my temps as I get up at midnight 3 or 4 nights a week to help him out in our own business.( The midnight thing makes it sound like I am doing something wrong, but I can assure you I am not ) I am only out for a few hours and get back to bed by four. I set the alarm for three hours after I get back to bed to take my temp. The problem is that on the days that I don't help my husband I temp earlier as I get up earlier.
    Now this morning out of pure frustration whith my chart/temping because FF has me fertile since last friday and I am positive that I ovulated on Sunday ( due to pain and tender breasts ) I decided to take my temp downstairs as well after I had taken it orally. This is just waaaaaay TMI isn't it - you girls know the lengths that one will go to get BFP.... The temp was higher downstairs. So I am thinking that had I taken my temp downstairs the whole time my FF chart would be showing me what I think.
    Geez I hope this makes sense, but the moral of this is - does anyone else have irregular sleep and waking patterns and what is their view point on the temping..

I appreciate any input as I am starting to resent my husband and our business..

Thanks guys,
    Nicambhar

Hi Nicambhar
    This whole TTC thing is frustrating. Just hang in there.
    I temp downstairs, and I find that my temps are higher on average than in the mouth. If you are going to change from one place to another, then do it at the start of your cycle... changing half way through is not a good idea due to that difference.
    As to the lack of sleep, well I have terrible sleep patterns. I just try to take the temp after three hours of uninterupeted sleep, and I tend to get a pattern that indicates O.
    Also, maybe if you are concerned, you could try OPK's too...
    Good luck!!!
    xo

temping doesn't always suit everyone, and I know that you have different waking times, but I am pretty sure that FF says that as long you get 3 hours sleep and then take your temp it should be ok, after all, shiftworkers can take their temps too but just not sure what FF friend suggests, you could always go to the Q&A section on FF and see if that gives you any answers. And I agree with Rufalina about temping downstairs, they will tend to be higher so you should wait till the start of your next cycle before switching

Thanks. I think that maybe a should stress a little less as well ( not as easy as it sounds though ).
    I have always been very in tune with my body, or so I think, and for the chart in FF to tell me otherwise I just feel a little deflated.
    Will keep you posted though.

Nicambhar...