Thread: temps and sleep deprivation

Cool temps and sleep deprivation

hi just a quick question when you are sleep deprived, does it stop your temps from rising or lowering? TIA

If I haven't had enough sleep, sometimes my temps are higher than normal, sometimes they are lower, sometimes they are still around normal levels.

Sorry I'm not much help, but there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it at all.

BW

thank BW thats what i thought, i just didnt know if it was me or not. Will just have to wait til tomorrow i guess

I would really be interested to find out if sleep patterns do affect your temperature and to what point. I know you are meant to take your temp as soon as you wake up but what if you wake up and just lie there without moving, talking, etc. for about 1hour and then take your temp. I woke up (thanks to DH getting out of bed) at 5.30am this morning but am not due to temp till 6.30am so i just lay very still and waited for the normal time to temp but my temp dropped by a huge 0.6 degrees. Just wondering if beeing awake affected it?

clare076 Guest

Having a restless night always affects my temp. Usually it will go up by about 0.5 of a degree. As far a staying still for an hour and not moving, I am not sure how that effects your temp, why not try taking your temp when you wake, lay still and then take it again in an hour. It probably doesn't effect it by much, but I haven't tried it out.

I have been wondering how restless nights affect your temps. It seems to me that when I have had a bad night my temp goes really low, but for some reason this always happens around O time as well, so I never can tell. According to FF they recommend taking your temp anyway and recording in the notes and special circumstances. I have started to do this and my charts are beging to form a pretty good pattern regardless of the odd bad night/s.

All the best with charting.

Debbie Lee Guest

I've given up sticking to a particular time to take my temp. I just take it when I wake up. Sometimes it's 5:30am... sometimes it's 7:30am... usually it's some time within those couple of hours (never, ever after 7:30am with a toddler!! LOL). Last cycle seemed to work ok with figuring out the day I O'd and the coverline etc. So I don't think getting a "spot-on" time is all that important.
    If it happens again, Renee, perhaps just take your temp when you wake and don't stress so much about the time (unless it's like 3 or 4 hours too early or late ).

looking at my chart, it's telling me that 3-4 hours sleep each night (sick baby) my temps have almost dropped to hypothermia mode!!!!!

So I do think it does effect your chart! Well mine have I didnt even get a 2 hour bracket of sleep on Mon & Tuesday nigts so didnt bother taking my temp....

Debbie Lee Guest

That's pretty severe sleep deprivation tho, Trace! Any wonder your temps are all over the shop.

Yeah deb, check it out... A trip to see the pyramids! I cant be bothered this cycle, I am so knackered!!!!