Thread: Temps- what is normal?

deedeeze Guest

Default Temps- what is normal?

Hi Ladies

Just started doing my temps. On day one I got 36.3.

What is the normal range? Is this high or low?

Thanks

Hi Deanne
    Yeah thats what i usually get at the start of my cycle.My lowest drops to the mid-high 35 and my highest (usually after ov) rises to the high 36 - low 37's. I take my temp orally.
    I'm guessing that's fairly normal as i've been checking on some of the TTC chart threads where u can see womens actual charts for comparisons. i'm not too sure if temp changes if u take temp orally or vaginally.
    Good luck

Hi Dee, you can stalk my chart if you want! LOL Then i wont feel as bad when i stalk your in a while. Mine jump around over the place a fair bit. Im usually high 35s near AF and then start to rise after that.
    Have you got a digital therm? how many decimal places?

Hi Dee, my temps range from 36.0 around AF time and rise to about 36.6 after ovulation. When comparing mine to other people's charts, I always thought mine were a bit on the low side, but everyone is different and yours sound fine!

Mine were about 36.0 - 36.4 pre ovulation and after were about 36.5 - 36.8.
    I'm sure your temps are completely normal Dee

deedeeze Guest

Thanks ladies for your responses.

I bought a digital thermometer but unfortunately it only has one decimal place. I have been using OPKs the last 4 cycles but decided to chart my temps as a naturopath said that if my temps were too low it could indicate abnromal thyroid functions.

I think that I am fine.

Thanks for your reassurances!!!

Vaginal temps are generally more "stable" and fluctuate less than oral temps. They are also usually a bit higher than oral.

I start each cycle around 36.63. My post-O temps are high 36's - around 36.8 upward to the low 37's.

I've just had thyroid, oestrogen, progesterone, LH, FSH, androgens etc tested during CD21 bloods and all is apparently functioning normally so I'm pretty confident in quoting my temp ranges now.

Lisa

Hey Dee!

My pre O temp is usually anywhere between 36.3 and 36.5. Then it usually goes to 36.8 and up as high as 37.3!!! Feel free to look my chart if you'd like.

Celsie. xoxox

deedeeze Guest

Thanks ladies!