Thread: trying to fall with bub no 2 need some advice?

Default trying to fall with bub no 2 need some advice?

Hi all my child is 5 years old and after a failed relationship i am ready to go again. However after going off the pill first time around i fell after 2 weeks of trying. I gave birth to a 9 pound boy in 2000. This time round i have been off the pill for 5 months and still no result. I know i am putting myself under some pressure but i had my heart set on a 2006 baby. The problem i have is i havnt had a regular period yet. last month i was 3 weeks late. the month before it was a 28 day cycle. So hubby and i this month have had sex every day since my last period and it is driving me crazy. i enjoy it but a break would be nice but i am scared i will miss the big O day. I havnt resorted to ovulation tests or temp testing yet as i was hoping just to fall. what should i do any suggestions? Last month i had a forty something day cycle. my last period was 26th Jan to 31st Jan 2006. help??????????????????

thank you for listening. :-k

Hi Tommygirl,

Do you notice any changes in your cervical mucus (CM)? Maybe you could just monitor these and try to find your O day from that. Wiat until it gets watery and like egg whites and start baby dancing like crazy around that time.

As for cycle length you could try vitex which you can get from your local health food store. Or chat to the naturopath in store and they may suggest something to help. I take Dong Quai and helps shorten my cycles.

Hope that helps a bit.

thank you very much for your reply. startd taking vitex at the end of my last period so we will see this month what happens. I cant tell with my mucus its all the same to me i have never had to worry about monitiring that in the pass so it something i have no idea about. im due next week so will do another whole week of baby dancing then we will see what happens. \/

Have fun Tommygirl ;)

Tanya

thanks heaps. im so over it all. im still waiting for my AF. thought i would have got it on the weekend. and i have been taking vitex all month. i have period symptoms, so i did a test this morning and it was negative. but when i was pregnant with bub #1 the test showed up negative aswell. I just wish i knew when i was ovulating? end of my last period was 31st Jan what do you guys reckon??????????? and im still bloody BD just in case i ovulate late this month.HELP........................................ ...? :-k

I suppose when coming off any contraceptive it can take our bodies a while to get back to 'normal'. Have you tried checking you CM or CP? I know it helped me tremendously when my cycles were irregular. I would also suggest charting. I think it helps to pin point O and takes the wonder out of the when you may have O'd and therefore less stress on you.
    Even if you temp for a couple of cycles it will help you get to know the rhythm of your cycle even if it is irregular. You'll get to know the signs of pre O.

HTH
    Tanya