Thread: variable waking time

Default to sleep well or chart well?

Hi all,

I was just posting a reply to another BBT question and it got me thinking, as I do. Does anyone else temp at varying times like me?

I wake between 5 and 6.30am every morning. My chart looks reasonable but I am wondering if it could really be giving me wrong info?

what do you think?

sassba
    Last edited by sassba32; March 30th, 2007 at 11:46 AM.

clare076 Guest

I think it really depends on the individual person. You may find that yor temps do not vary that much over the course of 90mins, I found that mine did. However that doesn't mean that you can't successfully chart with variations of waking times.

Question To sleep or chart? Help!

Hi all,

Just wanted to add that I also wake up a lot in the night wondering if I should take my temp or not. I've had very disrupted sleep since I started doing bbt charting. Sometimes I will wake up at 1.30am, 3.30am and then finally get up between 5-6.30am. I don't always have three hours sleep before my waking temp. If I wake at say 4.30 I do take my temp incase I dont get back to sleep and then have missed my chance.

Fertility friend gives me circles instead of dot almost every night. I do seem to have aclear thermal shift and yesterday looks like I had an implantation dip (yey).

I like charting but the lack of sleep thing is getting ridiculous!

I used to wake at 6.30, now I really feel wide awake at 4.30 but I am soooo tired all day.

Any suggestions???

sassba
    Last edited by sassba32; March 30th, 2007 at 11:44 AM.

Saasba - I wake anywhere between 1.30-5am and temp around 6.30am. and I have found that if I keep my mouth shut and stay still, my temps are not really affected. I have good weeks and bad weeks with sleeping but my charts don't often reflect the instability.
    Hope this helps...
    And yes i agree, the tired thing is plain ridiculous.