Thread: Vitex and Charting

Default Vitex and Charting

Anyone out there doing charting and taking vitex?

Hi Magic!

I used Vitex for the last 3 cycles and found it helped shorten them. AF was also a bit easier to deal with too.

My cycles over the last year were 42 - 30 - 30 - 35 - 29 - 33 - 28 - 32 - 33 - 28 - 27.
    I started the vitex after the last 33 day cycle.
    My last one where I fell PG I guess would have been a 27 day cycle to as I'm sure I o'd on cd 13.

My tummy was a bit upset to begin with, though it could have been a bug but it was too much of a coincidence for me.

Thanks Sam
    I'm normally 31-33 days.
    First month (last cycle) on vitex was 26 days. I didn't do any temping.
    Second month (current cycle) on vitex and I'm temping, there is still no temp rise and today I'm CD17.

I'm concerned that I might not ovulate this month - doh ](*,)

Hi,
    Vitex is a really useful herb to help regulate cycles... However, it is also helpful to use a combination of herbs. Vitex or Chaste tree has the effect of stimulating the pituitary gland functions, especially the progesterone funtion. It is known to normalise the female sex hormones and as a tonic for the reproductive organs. Dong Quai is another fabulous herb to use as is Siberian Ginseng, Peony... There are others. It is really good to see a natural therapist and get a mixture that is helpful for your specific symptoms. This way the herbs can be balanced in the correct way and the herbs that are used will work together for the best effect. I noticed after each baby that I when I began to take my herbal tonic to help to rebalance my body that I didn't get sore breasts before AF or cramping or headaches. This was because my hormones were in balancce. In Chineses medicine sore breasts and cravings before AF are a sign of estrogen imbalance...
    Making sure that you take B12 with your Folate is really important as taking excess folate can mask a B12 deficiency which is potentially dangerous.. (B12 deficiency is very rare however it is something to be mindful of>) B6 can help to regulate your luteal phase. Vitamin C and E have supportive benefits for pre pregnancy and during pregnancy. C, E, Folate and Zinc are really important for DH's to take to improve sperm quality and motility...
    Love and blessings,
    Deb

Thanks Deb, the vitex was prescribed by a kinesologist and has other herbs with it too (can't exactly remember - but there is genseng) too.

I am taking vitex tablets from blackmores. I am hoping it will make me ovulate earlier this cycle. Normally I O around CD20.

Hi DGirl
    Are you temping as well or using OPKs to detect O?

I'm just temping. You can see my charts in my signature below.
    I am not TTC yet so no point wasting OPKs.