Thread: When does temp drop?

zsimms Guest

Lightbulb When does temp drop?

Hi girls - I am seeking the advice of the experts or anyone who has charted a cycle before.

This is my first month charting and I am wondering how long before af comes does the temp drop if your not pg?

Does it drop the day af comes or a couple of days before or is it different for every woman?

I got a faint + 3 days ago and have only had - since, so I dont know if it was a faulty test or if the other brands cant detect hcg that early? I also have an achy back and mild cramping so I'm pretty confused and thought I might just see if my chart can tell me anything?

Thanks ladies

Zoe

Zoe - your temp can still drop and you can still be pregnant (that happened to me with this preg), but mostly mine used to start dropping for a couple of days. Once it was below the baseline it usually meant AF was very close. HTH.

Fingerscrossed for you.

For me I get a small drop two days before, then a big drop on the day before or day of AF. It really varies. You can have a look at the chart gallery on FF to get an idea as well.

Zoe, your chart looks pretty good, I would try perhaps a more sinsitive test. I always use fortel Extra in the blue box, not the Ultra, I always get much darker lines with the extra. Plus is cheaper, you get three in a box from supermarket for $8 because they are just strips, not in fancy casing. Good luck!

zsimms Guest

Thanx for your replies. I have looked at all the charts that have been posted here. It's facinating stuff.
    I will have to wait I suppose and see what my chart does. Hopefully there will be no drop at all and I will get a bfp sometime this week.

Zoe