Thread: When should I start CD 1 (possibly TMI)

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Default When should I start CD 1 (possibly TMI)

OK Girls, another quick question.

I have started charting last month and am positive that I O'd on CD 24/25 then I started spotting on CD 35. But the problem is I am still spotting and it is CD 41. So now I don't know what to put in as Day 1 for my next cycle? I have had 3 really really heavy periods, much heavier than pre DS 2 but now there is only a bit of spotting first thing in the morning, not even enough to fill a pad.

Help please???

CD1 is usually considered to be the first day of full flow... so not when you are just spotting. I'm not really sure what to do if you have really, really light flow.

I guess if it was just days of spotting, and you feel sure it was AF (just very light AF), maybe go with the first day of spotting as CD1?

BW

Fire Fly Guest

Hey Relle, Take the first day of a light flow as CD1, but spotting wouldnt be classed as af i wouldnt think. What a pain in the rear.
    Do you feel like af should be coming properly?. You 'O' late hey.

There wouldnt be a chance you may be pg is there??? Have you tested yet. I cant keep up with all these threads were people scatter there info around so excuse me if you have mentioned stuff and ive missed it. Kwim.

Sorry im rambling.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Kerrie - I haven't posted anywhere else! LOL you haven't missed anything! hehehehehe

No, sadly I am not preggas, actually did a test this morning to rule that out.

I think I am going to have to take CD 36 as day 1, it was a tiny tiny bit heavier than 35.

BW - Thanks for your info. That is what I thought as well, that the first day of full flow was CD 1, but this is definately not a normal cycle. I had long cycles before having both of my kids, so hopefully this is just my body's way of getting back into the longer and fertile cycles after 4 very short and heavy cycles.

FF says to record AF as the first day of full red flow, enough for you to need either a pad or tampon.

I agree with the others - cd1 should be the first full day of red flow (full day meaning you wake up to it or it starts before 12pm).

If it's any help to you, I have pre AF spotting (due to low prog levels) for up to 7 days some cycles before arrives "properly" and I have always counted cd1 as the day of full red flow, I don't count the spotting at all - BUT this cycle I think my gyno worked out cd1 on the wrong day (2 days earlier than full flow) but it didn't affect ovulation or anything like that (my chart says o occured on cd16 rather than cd14) so at the end of the day if your cycles are regular and you are pinpointing when you o it shouldn't make a difference.

Fire Fly Guest

Relle, maybe it has something to do with the TTC#3 mums, lol. My body isnt exactly being cooperative atm either. Damn on the pg test being neg. I did one today as my Lullaby test came in the mail.
    Couldnt resist it, i know im an addict. I also knew it would be to early to test anyway. I think id be 10DPO on friday so thats when i should test. But in saying that im not sure when i actually 'O'. Damn confusing all this.