Thread: Would this affect BBT?

Default Would this affect BBT?

Hey wonderful ladies, I need some opinions please...

Scenario:
    I woke about about 5am which is normal for me and I always wait until about 6.30 to take temps and it never affects them badly.
    This morning I took my temp at 6am because DH's alarm went off and I stupidly thought it was mine. I had also for a split second opened my mouth before I realised it and speedily shut it again.
    I have a 2 decimal place BBT therm and came out with a 36.69 temp, took it 20 mins (after lying quite still with mouth still shut) later to check consistency and it was exactly the same temp.

So my question is, does this make it a legitimate temp or have I stuffed it??

please.

I really think should be taking your temp at 5am when you wake up Sonya, it will be far more accurate than waiting until 6.30 trying not to move around or do anything IYKWIM.

That said, FF accepts a temp of half an hour either side of your normal wake up time as a normal temp. Sooo if you take you temp anywhere between 5.30 - 6.30 (6.00 being your normal time) then it will sitll be accurate.

Hi SOnya,
    On my instructions for my thermometer it said that a good reading should be taken as soon as you wake up from at least 4 hours sleep.
    How come you don't take it when you wake up at 5am?
    SAM

I've been sleeping badly on and off for about a month now so I don't consistently wake up and I often am only half awake at 5am which is why I don't take it then. I get up at 6.30am every week day so if I sleep properly thats my consistent waking time. At 5am I just roll over and pretend I am still asleep to get that additional body rest...
    I also can't think about temping at that time of the morning, I am sure it would wake me up fully and then I'll miss the resty snooze

Sarah - thanks for the reminder on 1/2hr either side.