Thread: childcare - DS crying

maggie Guest

Default childcare - DS crying

Hi, DS is due to go to childcare 1days a week from when he is 7mnths off age( starts in a week and a half0 i have taken him the lst 2weeks,t he 1st time i stayed and had a play for an hr, then the last time, i left him there, when i came back he was screaming, i think he missed me, and they couldnt settle him, they say that this can happen the 1st few times, and he will get used to staying there, and actually enjoy it.. has anyone else had to elave their 7mnth at a centre,and the baby has cried ,, i am CONFIDENT in the centre, i just dont want them upset as well as DS..

I had to leave Milo at childcare from 5 months.
    He didin't cry a lot though while I was gone. They told me though, that this is not uncommon (for kids who go to childcare), and that he could start doing it. they told me that some kids go through cycles of this.

there was one little boy there, the first time Milo went (and I stayed) who sobbed the entire time I was present (3 hours). He still played with the kids and did stuff, but was most upset at being there. The next time I saw him there, he was fine.

You aren't upsetting the centre staff, they see that kind of thing all the time.

maggie Guest

Thansk Rachael,.. i was so upset as he was upset.. i am going to take hima gain inthe morning for a play. it is ahrd especially when they are strangers.. but i am sure he will adjust...

Logan has been going to daycare since he was 7 months old. The carers joked that he was a bit of a terror to begin with because he would get so upset when I left him (he would calm down relatively quickly), but he has come so far since then, that a few of the carers from other rooms who knew him then say that he doesn't seem like the same boy now.

There have been a few times when Logan hasn't cried and that has been when he has taken it upon himself to move away from me, or involved himself in an activity, when I have said bye to him.

He still does get a little upset, but because he is used to all the carers (and is quite fond of them lol), he lets them give him a cuddle until he has calmed down, which is usually a minute or so after I've left.

Sometimes kids go for 1 day just for the social/development aspect.

maggie Guest

working 1day that is the reason, the other day he will be with my mum.. sadly i ahve to work p/t 2days per week... but then i know many people who put a baby in for a day for a break.,,(know its not for everyone though!!)