Thread: Childcare South Eastern Melbourne

Default Childcare South Eastern Melbourne

Help ladies!!!
    I've just accepted a part time job in Noble Park and now have to find childcare for my two little people for 3 days a week. I had a centre lined up and had a look through spoke to the Director and then after all this she said"oh I'm sorry, I made a mistake we don't have any space for your toddler" I was crushed! She set up another inspection at another ABC centre in Noble Park and so off I trotted and whilst the toddler room was OK the nursery was like a dungeon. I left in tears and I told the Director I can't possibly leave my baby girl in such a dark small room, she didn't seem to get it.
    So here's my dilemma. I need childcare close to Noble Park or Keysborough, somewhere clean and airy and bright.
    I almost feel like I've made a mistake and I should just call my new employer and tell them I've made a mistake and I won't be accepting the role afterall.
    Perhaps it's just a case of cold feet, maybe I'm being a bit precious about it all. I don't "have" to go back to work, I just feel like I need a bit of adult company after being at home for 2 and a half years.
    Please help me - any suggestions for a good childcare place would be most appreciated.

I wouldn't limit yourself to ABC. My experience (I've worked in childcare) is that Community run centres are brilliant. If you can afford it I'd consider an Early Learning Centre that is attached to a private school. You will still receive the CC subsidy and the staff will most likely be fully trained Early Learning Teachers as well as childcare qualified.