Thread: family day care cost

Default family day care cost

hi there just wondering how much family day care costs with no CBB? And also what does it cost WITH CBB?

thanks,
    charmaine

Do you mean CCB?

Most councils have their own rates.....mine is $4.86 p/h (before CCB). The Government rate is $2.96. But like doctors they can charge what they want. Call FAO and they will give you your percentage.

It depends on what your percentage ends up being, the amount of hours your child goes etc.

My DD goes 23 hours a week (2 days). We also pay a higher rate as she is there after 530pm.

I dont wish to disclose the amount we pay the carer....but it isnt much at all...and overall our best option for care.

Our council doesnt do it, but I did look into a neighbouring one and they charge $5.50 per hour. I havent looked up what we would get for the CCB though.

Ours is $6.70 per hour. Per child. The CCB is a percentage of $2.96 depending on your income level. I'm a single Mum so get 100% of the CCB but it still costs me $3.80 per child per hour, which is $38.00 per child per day (I have two children).

Note also that the Government (in all its wisdom) knocks out the CCB at 37.5 hours per week, so you have to pay the entire amount (for me, the whole $6.70) per hour from 37.5 hours to 50 hours. So that last day is actually not financially viable for me because it costs $134 for the fifth day. (the other days are about $76 per day).

Crazy. And they want women back at work!

Divvy - i'd be checking with your carer why your child care is being cut out at 37.5 hours - there are only two hours limits - 24 (for people working/studying under 15 hours) or 50 hours (for over 15 hours) - there is nothing in goverment legislation for any child care benefit to be cut out at 37.5 hours!

you can check out what ccb percentage your entitled to by running an estimate on the centrelink website under online services - it's a percentage of the basic rate of $2.96 this financial year based on your income estimate and your own circumstances.

HTH

It varies a lot, I know people who pay $57/day for 1 child for FDC, and others who pay $15/day. The family day care that I know about in my area is charged per day though, not per hour.