Thread: No poos at kindy

Default No poos at kindy

DS (3.5yrs) told me today that he is not allowed to poo at 'school' (what we call kindy). When I asked him what he meant he said that he is only allowed to wee and not to poo on the toilet. He said his teacher told him that. When I asked what he does when he needs to poo at school he said he has to wait. Now DS usually relates things pretty faithfully. He doesn't tend to make stuff up either. I am going to ask the school about it when he goes next on Wednesday but I was wondering what everyone else thinks? Is there anyone who works in a kindy that could shed some light? Surely he wouldn't have been told that by his teacher, would he?

hmm... I wouldn't have thought so? Bit rough getting 3yr olds to hold on! Maybe he misunderstood something?

It's unlikely that he's been told that he's not allowed to poo.

What could have happened though, is that one time he was given a hurry-along, or maybe he was told he had to wait, and he has taken it on to mean that he's not allowed to poo? Definitely ask the teacher, they might not know what it is straight away, but if they know that that's what he believes, they can probably keep it in mind an get back to you.

Hope you sort it out though.

Yeah. I think I will just have to wait in suspense till next school day. LOL.