Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are ABC Centres Like???

thats really sad raven. I hope you can find another centre for your son. Madison is at an ABC centre 1 day a week and the staff are just wonderful, its a great centre, and Madison loves going, she has made a bond with one of the staff members which is great and she goes with one of her friends from mothers group.
    I hope things work out.

I too have heard conflicting stories. My Bro sends his DD there and have had no issues at all. A new centre and the staff have been great.
    My cousin does alot of relief work for several ABC's in her area and she said they all depend on the staff as to how they run and the feel you get from them. She definately has her favourites to work in. The only bad points were in relation to carer supplies eg: gloves/paper towel. Instead of having heaps and in each room plus in storeroom sometimes they are really low and you need to go in search.

Kirsty77 Guest

Both our girls go to our local ABC and they love it. Obviously like Lucy has already pointed out it really depends on who works there, like ANY child care centre. We didn't pick ABC because of the name we picked it because of the staff, pure and simple.

To True Kirsty,it does depend on the stuff. I have booked Liam into the Kindy just down the road for 4 year old kindy next year and he is on the waiting list for this year. I have spoken to some of the Mothers up at Kayla's school and they have told me great things about teachers in the kindy. So it should good from here on in, I hope anyway.

Raven
    Last edited by Raven81; March 28th, 2007 at 01:18 PM.

Hi Raven, good luck with the kindy. I really liked both kindys in the area. We went to orientation at both of them everyone was really nice.The kindy in central road is a bit bigger so they have a few more resourses but both of them are good..

Personally I wouldn't send my children to ABC. I don't like the monopoly they have over the industry. They don't let the government departments in for their checks and don't let their staff talk to any media about what happens in their centres. Because of their monopoly they have the money to have the best lawyers and because of this every time a major news paper has tried to run a story on what is happening with ABC they send the lawyers in with threats to sue. It's VERY wrong. I only have ABC centres around me. There are 5 of them within 5 mins of one another. Even 2 of them are a few blocks apart! Everytime a child care centre opens up they buy them out. It shouldn't be allowed to happen. It's about time the government did something about this!

My Son has been to 3 ABC centres... the second one i absolutely LOVED. he loved his carer.. she was fantastic! the whole centre ran smoothly, it was just wonderful. no ifs or buts...

The first centre he went to was ok, wasn't overly fussed but it was the only childcare in walking distance, as i don't drive. as for the last ABC centre.. wasn't impressed at all. he went for 2 weeks and i pulled him out because i didn't like the centre, the carers... the layout... but i think i had high expectations because of the ABC i'd just taken him out of. lol

He's now in family day care. and i couldn't be happier, he looves his carer and she's fantastic!! and it's so much cheaper which is always a bonus!!

Good luck finding a childcare you and Liam both like.
    Eryn xoxo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12