Thread: 2 weeks after jelly fish

Question 2 weeks after jelly fish

DD2 was stung by a purply-pinky coloured jelly fish 2 weeks ago & still has a mark that looks kind of like a graze & a rash at the same time.

It actually looks slightly worse than it did last time I looked at it. That was probably near a week ago coz its right at the top inside if her leg. But its not where it would be rubbing on anything.

She is prone to eczema, but she says its not itchy, but says it does hurt. It kinda looks like an eczema type rash, but I haven't seen her really annoyed by it, or trying to scratch it.

Do you think I should worry? 2 weeks seems like a long time when she hasn't been touching it.

Did you get her checked by a Dr when it happened? It could be a nasty type of jelly, and if it's still there 2 weeks later and looking worse I would def get it seen too.

Mum rang the hossy to be safe & the nurse said to go straight in coz of the way it looked. So we went in & the Dr treated me like I was stupid, said 'put ice on it. Ice for jelly fish, thats all', & walked away!
    So yeah it was looked at, but he didn't really look close or get any info or anything.

If your worried take her to your GP. They tend to pay more attention then the ED.
    I wouldn't be too worried about it if it was me. She might have been scratching it in her sleep too, Jaidan does that

I second the GP visit. Pref your own, instead of a 24-hr clinic