Thread: 3rd day of fevers ! i cant get them down

Unhappy 3rd day of fevers ! i cant get them down

Gabs has had fevers for 3 days now , at 1st i thought iy was teething (hasnt got teeth yet ) but there are no other signs like dribble and eating her hands ..

hes hasnt been vomiting , just really floppy and no energy

i give her panadol , but soon after the fever is up again ... it goes up and down .. atm its 38.6 , thismoring when i got up she was 36.9 and then soon after it was 37.4 and now way up at 38.6 ..

its been like this since monday ... i will try and get her to the gp today but it just seems weird that theres not sypmtoms other than fevers ... no diareah (well not even a poo!)

what could this be ???

This happened to Jack when he was only 10 weeks old...turned out to be a urinary tract infection. Make sure the doctor checks for that and doesn't fob you off with "oh, its just a viral thing".

If its not coming down and staying down with panadol, and you cant get to the GP I'd go to the hospital. I know the temp indicated for a fever changes with age, but Im not sure what it is for Gabs age, I think maybe 38.5

QLD has a nurse on call type phone number you can ring to get advice over the phone if you havent already i think its 13 HEALTH or something like that.

thanks guys , its an ear infection in both ears

I'm glad you've found out what it is Lea.
    I hope she gets better soon!