Thread: Allergy - contact hives????

Default Allergy - contact hives????

So DD2 has been confirmed to have a DAIRY ALLERGY, all good we are going through the cupboards and working out food for her etc BUT this mornign DD1 was stuffing around and spilt her milo on DD2's highchair tray, it ran down the side and onto DD2's clothes on her leg.

Wiped it all ooff, didn't think much of it, 10min later go to change their nappies and get them dressed and she has hives on her leg

1. will this kind of contact cause anephelaxis? (she has an anephelactic reaction when eaten in larger doses)

2. How common is it for kids who have allergies to react upon contact?

3. Does this mean i now have to check every shampoo or cream etc to make sure there are no milk products???

Both my girls get dry skin, DD1 gets eczema so i only use a natural shampoo from a naturopath friend which has not reacted with her skin, i do clean baths and only use QV moisturiser when their skin is dry... do i need to check all these products?

I would check everything just in case because if she has reacted from the milk on her, then she will react to creams with it in them as well. Maybe give your paed a buzz but I know for us J's reaction is hives and puffy eyes and we have to give Claratyne if there is reaction as his isn't severe and doesn't need an epipen. She might need something mild for the hive reaction and AFAIK I don't think the anaphylactic reaction will occur afterwards as it will happen fast I think??

Good luck hun, maybe look up the different names for dairy products too - I know I had to do that for the eggs, things like ovoglobulin etc. are egg!

:yeahthat:

Let me know if you need any inspiration in the dairy free department hun

Thanks hun, we have the epi pen here if anything horrible happens, i also have the pred mix aswell, if her hives are still there i might give her a dose to help with any symptoms, would prefer to hold of on her zyrtec as it's such a strong medication.

Quote Originally Posted by Janie View Post
    :yeahthat:

Let me know if you need any inspiration in the dairy free department hun
    Ohhh yes please..... she's only little but she wants to eat so much mroe and now we know what were dealing with i can finally give her new fruits etc but am looking for recipes i can make for BOTH girls to eat that DD2 can handle.

Are Zirtec and Claratyne stronger than Predmix?? I was worried about the Predmix but didn't think of the others thinking they are both just anti-histimines??? Although the predmix was for Iz and this is for J so it's a bit different but still just wondering!

I'm not sure, i was told the predmix takes longer to work.... so i am to give her zyrtec first then epi pen IF she has anaphylactic reaction THEN during the aftermath use predmix for 3 days!