Thread: Allergy testing in Melbourne...

Default Allergy testing in Melbourne...

i want to have DD2 allergy tested (she has intolerance to nuts).
    where in melbourne did you go and how much, did you get anything back from medicare?

Royal Children's Hospital Allergy Unit - it cost us nothing.

The wait is long at RCH around 6+ months, I saw Dr David Cutting who works at the RCH allergy unit as well, we saw him at his Burwood East rooms but his main office is in Lilydale.
    Fee for consult is $220 and allergy testing was around $55 - going to Medicare today to claim so Im not sure how much we get back but I think it's around half. He is wonderful, very caring manner with both kids and takes time to really explain everything.

ETA: I had to wait to see him too though - just under 2 mths from making app.

Tan - we saw Dr Cutting too and he was great. We only had to wait a few weeks at RCH as DD1 was deemed urgent and she got a cancellation appointment.

Oh awesome Nai - isn't he great! I was going to say with his rooms you can tell them you want a cancellation app and if you are happy to go to either place they can get you in earlier.

thanks tan and nai!

tan did youo need a dr referal?? and can i grab the number for lilydale! didnt realise there was someone so close to me!

PM'd you babe and we had a referral from the hospital and I think you will need one.

I am still waiting to get into RCH for DD2, she is under 1yr old and had an anephelactic (sp?) reaction and were still not in.
    I know they are really busy so i am just waiting for a spot to open up, i can't afford to go see someone privately so have no other choice.
    I was told the wait for a child over 12mths can be up to a yr or more, hope you get to see someone... sounds like the girls are onto a winner though.

thanks tan!!
    i dont want to wait, might ring and ask them, i can make and appointment then get a referal!