Thread: best bath oil for eczema?

Default best bath oil for eczema?

as the title says

ive run out of the QV oil and was wondering if thats the best or should i buy a different one?

I found my DD skins improved dramaticcaly after I started giving her Inner Health Plus (for Kids). I had tried a range of different things on her skin (all natural products) and hadn't had much success. My Natropath had told me when she was little it is most important for her to have good health in her gut as otherwise it will cause problems including eczema.

:yeahthat:
    We are on the inner health band wagon here too, and I use Weleda Calendula cream bath. I am not sure that it is better than the QV oil but I like it!

Hi Olive,

I was told by my child health nurse that the childrens hospital in Perth are officially recommending the QV Bath Oil and QV Skin Lotion for the treatment of infantile eczema, so thats what we're using and are pretty happy with it.

HTH

kirsty_lee Guest

Alpha Kerrie!!! I swear to god! I bought it agggges ago cause i had really dry crappy skin.. it doesn't smell like anything which is why people dont think to use it .. but omg!!!! its fantastic.. my skin is smooth for a week after using it ONCE i put it in dd's baths too and dont need to massage her after her baths now. You can get it in the oil or the moisturiser, i would say use the oil.. its seriously fantastic...

It's hard, I've learned with eczema that what suits one will completely irritate somebody else's skin.

FWIW we used Aveeno, I swear by their products for DS. QV was no good for him. However, my best advice is that if you have found something that works, stick with it. I know a change is nice but it usually isn't worth it unless what you've got isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by kirsty_lee View Post
    Alpha Kerrie!!! I swear to god! I bought it agggges ago cause i had really dry crappy skin.. it doesn't smell like anything which is why people dont think to use it .. but omg!!!! its fantastic.. my skin is smooth for a week after using it ONCE i put it in dd's baths too and dont need to massage her after her baths now. You can get it in the oil or the moisturiser, i would say use the oil.. its seriously fantastic...
    That is what I always bathed in as a bubba, I had infantile Eczaema, and then later developed Psoriosis, love the stuff

I've had eczema all my life and it's true what will work for one will not work for another every ones skin is different and reacts differently to different things. But what works for me and my twins is put some porridge oats in an old sock or tights and let the bath water run over it. It turns the bath milky white and has no fragrance, it immediately relieves itchy skin. But the best way to avoid break outs is to moisturise as much as possible, so after the bath just lather up loads of cream (what ever you find is kind to baby's skin) as much as their skin will soak up. If you allow baby's skin to dry out it will become irritable and itchy.

I used Hamilton's bath oil with DD1 when she was younger, very sparingly in her bath, it all but eliminated the problem. Since then I've used other brands, but TBH I'm not sure there's much of a difference, they all have very similar active ingredients (ie parrafin/mineral oil), so it might just come down to which one is the best buy or has the fragrance you like the most.

I was going to say, every single one will work differently for different people. I had soooo many recommendations from people when DD had bad eczema as a baby and in the end it was trial and error. In the end for us none of them worked and the only thing we could do was shower without soaps or oils and then use medihoney cream straight from the shower. The bath was not good for her as sitting in the water made it worse and we didn't even realise this was causing problems until someone brought it up with us.

agree with PP. Everyone always said to me to try this try that, miracle cure this and that but they dont understand that i have tried it and it didnt work. Even Goats soap and rolled oats didnt work for DD *sigh*

Anyway sorry for the hijack, but i reckon if QV bath oil works for you, stick to it. Ive wasted way too much money on products that have hardly been used due to recommendations.

Qv bath oil and qv baby balm.

i ended up with dermaveen bath treatment, its a powder, it seems to been helping, we also ended up using some cortisone cream and the bad area, now just using moisturiser. we tried calendulis plus cream (has mauka honey) but didnt work...
    as rouge said its really about finding what works...sigh, can be an expensive trial and error