Thread: Can't get rid of nappy rash

Default Can't get rid of nappy rash

Hi ladies. I was hoping perhaps someone could help me out with some ideas to help my DD nappy rash. My twins are in cloth nappies during the day and sposies at night and we have never had a problem with nappy rash in the past. My DD got nappy rash a little while ago (maybe coming up to two weeks now ) and I think it may have been from eating berries (never had a problem before but reacted this time) and we have been trying all sorts of things. I have had her in sposies because it seems to get worse when I have her in cloth. I have tried, suodocream (sp?), bapanthen and just recently moogoo. When we started using the moogoo it seemed to start to clear after about 24 hours and I put her back in her cloth nappies for a day and it got worse again and I can't seem to get it to clear up. I have been putting moogoo on every time I change her nappy and trying to give her some nappy off time but even that I am finding hard because she just wants to crawl around on the carpet and then she wees on it. Help, what do I do? If I take her to the Dr is there anything they can give her? I just feel terrible for the poor little thing every time I open her nappy and see the rash, it is quite bad

go to the chemist and get some antifungal cream hon.

I have the same problem as you with Mateauz and we got some chemist brand (amcal) antifungal cream and its working fantastically.

Could you have changed your washing powered ect when you washed the nappies? ive been worried about whats in the air around us atm when drying ours so Ive put them on a clothes horse insid eot dry. (we live near orchards)

Also I used to use Sigma ZSC powder and found it better than creams for nappy rash.

I'd say it might be a fungal thing too. I'd rinse the nappies through with canisten or something similar just in case.

Hope it clears up soon. Nappy rash sucks.

Yes I agree, I put Daktozin (anti fungal cream from the chemist) on DD's nappy rash that just wouldn't go away and it cleared up straight away. The pharmacist said to keep using it for a week even after it clears up to make sure it's gone. Her rash was angry, red and spotty, does that sounds the same?

Cornflour is good. Also i found training pants/nappy cover type things at Big W. There like training pants but they have the plastic inside 2 layers at the crutch i have been using them for DD when she got bad NR. My GP said also that bath stuff can also make it worse so i had to use nothing in the water and also let the skin dry naturally before putting the nappy on.

lots of nappy free time until it clears up with the anti fungal.
    And definately rinse you nappies in canestan a few times and lots of sun drying on them. They are most likely the problem, if the NR came back as soon as she went back in them.

On the few occaisions my DDs have had bad nappy rash I've used an antifungal cream (like canesten) along with sigmacort which is a weak steroidal cream you can get over the counter, which soothes rashes etc. Usually clears up over a day or two using these.

If you don't get a response from using these, please see your dr as it is possible to get a staph-like infection and it may need ABs to clear it up.

Thank you so much for all of your replies ladies. We started some antifungal cream last night so hopefully that will fix it. I am yet to see it this morning to see what it looks like today cause she is still in bed

In regards to washing the nappies in canestan where do I get that from? I feel a bit silly not knowing I definately want to do this so she doesn't get it again and I don't want my DS to get it either. Also when it does start to clear up if I am still using the cream can I use my MCN with the antifungal cream? Should I just put a liner in the nappy?

Kristin27 - That sounds exactly like my DD rash. I will keep using the cream for a while once it has cleared up.

Thanks again.

I'm sure I've seen canesten rinse just at coles? or woolies whichever one you go to normally.

And I'd use liners in the nappies whilst using the cream - just in case!

Wonderful thank you. I will pop into the shops and get some when I can.