Thread: Conjunctivitis

Question Conjunctivitis

It seems that DD2 has conjunctivitis, her poor little eye was so gunky she couldn't open it before, on and off the last couple of days she had some gunk that i assumed was sleep, i have wiped it all off so she can see and made her a Dr's appt but is there anything else i can do.. not looking forward to eye drops for her.

Get some saline and use it to wipe the eye clean, be persistent - she'll hate it, but it really does help clear it quicker and stop if spreading to the other eye and to everyone else's eyes as well. Once you get the eye drops (no need for a Dr, you can get them over the counter) it should clear pretty quickly.

You can get Chlorsig eye drops over the counter now at chemists. No doctors appointment and script required! Ha-la-freaking-loolia! Recurrent conjunctivitis in this house has been the bane of my existence for 3 years now.

best thing to use is boobie juice!

Quote Originally Posted by Epacris View Post
    You can get Chlorsig eye drops over the counter now at chemists. No doctors appointment and script required! Ha-la-freaking-loolia! Recurrent conjunctivitis in this house has been the bane of my existence for 3 years now.
    I got that the other day when DD1 had it and I was so impressed. I had always preferred to use Brolene ointment, but this is far better.

well I was coming in to advise ZB that I don't usually find that the chemist drops work if you don't catch it early but if Chlorsig is now available over the counter woo hoo (hopefully the cream is too because its great for stys/cysts)!!!!!!!! and the saline that Trillian mentioned is the best to keep it clean. Basically with all the cysts and conjunctivitis that my son has had the opthamologist has said the cream is getting rid of the infection but you still have to get all the puss and gunk away/out so just keep wiping with saline on cotton balls, one wipe per ball so you aren't re in fecting. Best of luck and hope it clears up soon for her.

Thanks everyone, Dr gave me prescription for Chlorsig so got that now, every 2hrs today and tomorrow and then every 4-5 for 2 days after my poor little princess.