Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: European Wasp Bite?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Dandenong Ranges, Melbourne.
    Posts
    5,673

    Default European Wasp Bite?

    DS1 has just been stung on the finger by one of those nasty wasps that are everywhere atm. he was bitten on the finger. his finger is very red and quite swollen. other than that, he is fine. he didn't even cry. i have run it under cold water, is there anything else i should do? should i take him to the dr? he seems happy enough,but i just don't know what to do...
    tia


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    travelling
    Posts
    9,557

    Default

    Maybe put ice on it for the swelling. Some sting-gos if he needs it.
    I wouldn't worry about the doc at this stage unless it gets worse. If it doesn't look a bit better in a day or two get him checked JIC.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Dandenong Ranges, Melbourne.
    Posts
    5,673

    Default

    thanks skye

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    On the other side of this screen!!!
    Posts
    11,129

    Default

    Rainy if you have some antihistamine like polaramine demazin or dimetapp it could be a good idea to give it to him now to prevent an allergy in later stings.

    Also I would definitely be putting stingose or some vinegar on the sting ASAP to neutralise the poison.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cowtown
    Posts
    8,276

    Default

    this is the info I found online:
    To reduce the pain from a wasp sting, apply ice.
    If the person is stung in the mouth or throat, or has a reaction in any part of the body away from the sting, or if there are lots of stings, get help urgently.
    So sounds like you're doing all the right thinkgs, just keep an eye on it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •