thread: Fever now refusing to bear weight on left leg

Add Shades on Facebook

May 2008
    Capalaba, QLD

Fever now refusing to bear weight on left leg

DS has been a little out of sorts moodwise for about a week, mostly at night. I thought maybe he was coming down with something, then he woke yesterday with a fever, I figured I was right, took him to the GP who said viral infection, just let it run it's course, Panadol for comfort etc.
    He was unbelievably whingy all through the day. He ate only about 2/3 of a mandarin and wouldn't drink much. Had a little BF. After he went to bed he woke up once and came to find me - I noticed he was standing with one leg sort of ****ed so it was on tippy-toe and it was shaking, I figured it was just because he'd only just woken up.
    Today he has had water, milk, a sandwich, a banana. His fever is seemingly gone but he is still incredibly whingy. I've been carrying him bed to couch etc because he's so clingy. He got up from the couch briefly before and his leg was the same, he looked at it seeming confused, then looked at me and sat down... he's been sticking to crawling or kneeling since. He's tried once more and was seriously wobbly and sat right back down. I tried to put him on his feet earlier and he immediately sat down...
    Should I be concerned enough for the ER or just wait and see?
    I was thinking it could be due to spending so much time sitting on the couch yesterday and also not eating/drinking much but I think it feels a little overboard for it to be a reaction just to that, and he has eaten today but it's not improved...

Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise

can you call nurse on call services and talk to them about it? i would be erring on the side of caution with a little person that can't explain and getting advice from professionals

hope it resolves soon!

Add Shades on Facebook

May 2008
    Capalaba, QLD

Will call them now

Sent from my Galaxy

Jan 2008
    Brisbane

How'd you go? If its still happening I would get in checked out!

Add Shades on Facebook

May 2008
    Capalaba, QLD

We've been admitted to the Children's, suspected osteomyelitis in his heel

Sent from my Galaxy

Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise

oh dear!
    glad you are getting on top of it now though. hopefully quick action will help

Add krysalyss on Facebook

Feb 2007
    on the move.....

Oh my! Your poor little one. I hope it isn't that and that he is back on his feet soon. Sending him lots of good health vibes.

Dec 2006
    Melbourne

Glad you are getting it checked out, i got septicemia as a kid and the signs were fever and then I couldn't walk, it was caused by an infected blister.

Nov 2009
    Scottish expat living in Geelong

oh no, the poor wee guy. I hope it's not osteomyelitis xx

Mar 2004
    Sparta

I hope they can sort it out soon.

Feb 2006
    Mornington Peninsula, Vic

Speedy recovery to your little man, good mama for getting onto it quick.x

Mar 2006

Thinking of you both

May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

How are you guys today??

Add Shades on Facebook

May 2008
    Capalaba, QLD

He's begging and pleading to go home which is hard but he's improved a little. Doesn't look like he'll need the MRI.

Sent from my Galaxy

Mar 2007

Aww your poor lil man. I am glad he was admitted quickly! Hope hes much
    Better very soon!! hugs to you.
    Hospitals are so awful but he needs to be there.

Add Shades on Facebook

May 2008
    Capalaba, QLD

Times like this I'm glad i haven't cleaned out my car in ages, had deodorant, 2 sets of clean clothes for CJ, and his shoes. Ortho just been to check in, he apparently seems ok and can eat and drink again, which is awesome. If he keeps improving then we're looking at 3-5 days. His Uncle Riley will be visiting today which he'll love.

Sent from my Galaxy

Oct 2009
    Bonbeach, Melbourne

Poor thing, the both of you! Very lucky about your car too. Hope you both hold up okay

Add Shades on Facebook

May 2008
    Capalaba, QLD

So while he has been improving, they are thinking an MRI in the morning in case there's a fluid buildup because it still feels hot and he still won't bear weight on it. Doesn't seem to be reducing significantly in need for pain medication either, even though his bloods were much improved from admission.

Sent from my Galaxy