Thread: I need sleep!

Unhappy I need sleep!

On the verge of taking DS to hossy.
    I'd be gone already, but DH is away for the night & I'd either have to ring mum ir take the girls with me. Either way they'd have to get up now.
    Waay too early for them.

We went to bed about 10.30, up again at around 12 - 1 am til almost 3.
    Then up again at 5. He's dozing now so hopefully I'll get another stretch of sleep. Don't really want to drive in there this tired or we'll end up there for a whole different reason.

Poor DS has a really crackly chest. His breathing is a little fast, but not above 50 yet, so I'm just keeping a really close eye on him.

Vomitting mucous, but doesn't really have a cough. Every 3 - 4 hours he might cough once or twice, but thats it. He needs something to help get this phlegm off his chest since he's not coughing it up.

Anyway. Off to try for another hour or so in bed.

Skye,
    I probably woud be getting on the phone and getting someone to look after the girls.
    Has Jesse been coughing previously to tonight?
    The reason that he may bot be coughing now is that he is too tired to do so... Breathing fast will tire him out quickly and he might not have the energy to cought.
    If you are still at home i would elevate his head so that he is not lying flat.
    If he is awake i would try popping him on your knees belly down and firmly patting all over his chest, this will help break up the mucus so it is easier for him to get out.
    How are his fluid levels? me more hydrated he is the looser and easier to bring up the mucus will be.
    The vomiting Mucus bit has me worried, i would try and get him seen sooner rather than later

Hope he is Ok Hun

I'll be ringing my gp as soon as they open.
    He has more of a cough now. & a fever.

I just rang mum. She's coming in to get Bri so I can take him in.

aww let us know how he is skye and hope hes ok.
    sounds like a chest infection.
    love rach xxx

Has he had a cold lately? The mucous he is vomiting could also be from it running into his tummy. This is not uncommon with children who have colds.

Another way to break up his chest is to pop him in the bathroom when you have a hot shower (keeping doors and windows closed) - the steam helps break it up.

I agree with Sammie about chest therapy... face down over your knees and gently hit his back with an open hand. Start at the base and work up - you need to cover the entire back. Think of it like playing the drums... you want it to be firm enough to break up anything on his chest but not hard enough to hurt or cause harm. This is a great thing to do after he has been in a steamy room.

Hope the GP is able to help you some more. Let us know how you go.

MG

What a terrible night for you and your little lad I hope he is on the mend soon and you all can get some rest.

Spring xx

Just got back from the hospital.
    He has an upper respitory infection. No ABs at this stage, won't do anything.
    Have to keep a really close eye on him & take him back if doesn't get better.
    The doc was worried about the vomitting coz it's kinda got no explanation. It isn't from coughing fits or fever, so we had to sit around for a few hours so they could watch him, but he didn't do anything while we were in there.
    I'll be taking him straight in tonight if I'm worried. DH is home now.

Anyways, he's sleeping, so I'm going to try getting some while I can.
    Night.

How is Jesse going now? I hope he gets better quickly. Its awful when they are sick.

Well he seems to be getting better.
    He slept well last night. Only woke up once.
    His nose isn't running at all, but he still has alot of mucous on his chest. He's started coughing, but not as much as I'd like. But at least he's coughing it up.
    I just hope it clears up quickly, before it turns into a bacterial infection.
    His wee is a bit stinky, but he's weeing & he hasn't vomitted again.
    He had a nice big feed this morning too. Which is good, coz I was chockas!

glad the little man is doing a bit better - hope he continues to improve!