Thread: Lux Soap Flakes and Eczema?

Default Lux Soap Flakes and Eczema?

As some of you may have read, I'm battling a sudden onset of eczema in my poor DD. I've been backtracking thinking of any irritants.
    I've recently started using my own homemade laundry powder made of Lux Soap Flakes, Borax and Washing Soda.
    Are any of these known to aggravate eczema?

I can't use lux flakes because soap flares up my eczema, everyone is different though.

Has her eczema calmed down since using it Turtle? If it has continue it.

hmmm well I don't do soap anywhere near my skin - it is shocking!! I have terrible psoriasis and excema.

See that's what I thought. But everywhere I've read that it helps eczema/ Wth??
    I don't know, I'm going to stop using it, but what else can I use???
    All the 'eczema friendly' laundry powders are still full of junk.
    Any recommendations?

Maybe it helps somepeople becasue their exczema is from the chemicals in other powder, but it is definately possible for sopa flakes to irritate eczema.
    I use purity sensitive for my girls. But i thin kit is a bit of trial and error.

I dont have eczema and have had very limited experience with it so I may be completely off the mark but what about trying Lux flakes on their own with out adding the other things??

A friend of mine has to wash her clothes with her powder (not sure what she uses) then she washes them again with no added washing powder before she can wear anything.

Good luck finding a solution.

MY daughter had shocking eczema. we were never able to use powder because its the powder as a substance that was irritating it further. We use laundry liquid. Highly recommend Tri-Nature or Sonnet. Both are a little pricey first purchase but I got about 4/5months out of the Tri-nature and I bought 10litre of the Sonnet back in December and are still months and months off finishing that. We also went to a great chinese doctor in Melbourne who was AMAZING, if you live around there???

Default Lux Soap Flakes and Eczema?

Amolin or purity liquids are both good and didn't aggregate my sons eczema. SIL changed tonit and found hers got better